Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   "Too far away to loot this corpse." (/forums/showthread.php?t=200870)

Axlrose 07-02-2015 11:44 AM

"Too far away to loot this corpse."

Still being a young player, one thing I do is salvage corpses of monsters other players leave to rot. Every now and then, I will get the message about being too far away to loot this corpse even though I am within the lattice of graphics. While I have not had an issue with my own kills, I seem to have this subtle issue.

Not a complaint, but just an observation that I am unsure if I should file as a "bug". Anyone get this error?

Thanks!

dafier 07-02-2015 11:48 AM

So....I admit. I did this too and NO ONE EVER said anything to me, however... Looting a corpse in which you didn't kill is called Ninja Looting.

I suggest you don't do it.

Sorn 07-02-2015 11:49 AM

I've had this happen. Sometimes the 'hitbox' for looting is offset somewhat from the actual corpse graphics. I've found it to be intermittent but especially prominent when on hillsides.

Whirled 07-02-2015 11:51 AM

I had this problem while kiting with levitate on but it was kinda easy to navigate with page up & down to get it working & /loot

Deliverator 07-02-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dafier (Post 1960382)
So....I admit. I did this too and NO ONE EVER said anything to me, however... Looting a corpse in which you didn't kill is called Ninja Looting.

I suggest you don't do it.

No it isn't. Ninja looting is when you sneak up and snag significant loot from a mob. Usually if a mob has rolled over to let people who didn't get kill credit loot it then nothing of value to the killer remains on the corpse.

I do strongly suggest asking if there is anyone nearby killing things before looting but if it is just a dead thing in the middle of no where don't worry about snagging the left overs because whoever killed it doesn't care anymore.

Pyrocat 07-02-2015 04:21 PM

This usually happens on hills. It's a known issue. Avoiding killing things on hills.

worch 07-02-2015 04:35 PM

This happens when the mob dies at a large distance from you. You'll observe the corpse in one location, but someone who was nearer when the mob died will see it at a different location. If you relog, the mob's corpse will appear in the correct location, allowing you to loot the corpse.

worch 07-02-2015 04:38 PM

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh....php?p=1960728