Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Try a new class or same ole with fresh server? (/forums/showthread.php?t=337417)

Hailto 10-23-2019 06:02 PM

Try a new class or same ole with fresh server?

Hi pals, I’m pretty hyped for a fresh server as I never played P99 from day or or live from day one. Can’t decide if I want to play my favorite class (shaman) and get that fresh start feels or if I should switch it up and try something new since shaman is the only class I’ve played to 60.

You guys playing your favorites or switching it up?

deadlycupcakez 10-23-2019 06:12 PM

Im playing favorites. Wizard and paladin. Bc I am a sicko. But also most of my experience is on red and other pvp boxes, so kind of switching it up?

ldgo86 10-23-2019 06:24 PM

I seem to become more indecisive each day that goes by as Green approaches. I can definitely say I will not roll a Druid because I’ve been there and done that.

FroglokIRL 10-23-2019 07:02 PM

I'm doing a class I've never played before. Best way to attempt to recreate the feeling of discovery and newness.

Gustoo 10-23-2019 07:11 PM

Its a tough call for me too.

Maelstrom 10-23-2019 07:16 PM

Definitely going different classes on Green.

Blue: Wizard, Necro, SK, Enchanter

Green: Ranger, Druid, Mage, Warrior

Tecmos Deception 10-23-2019 07:29 PM

I don't think doing the same is a bad idea. Green is going to feel a lot different than blue, even if you're playing the same class. Mechanics are different, kunark and velious spells and zones are absent, no gear for you or anyone else. Fights will last longer, characters will be more fragile, the world will be more crowded. Etc.

Vizax_Xaziv 10-23-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception (Post 2996705)
I don't think doing the same is a bad idea. Green is going to feel a lot different than blue, even if you're playing the same class. Mechanics are different, kunark and velious spells and zones are absent, no gear for you or anyone else. Fights will last longer, characters will be more fragile, the world will be more crowded. Etc.

Wizards and Druids will actually be viable grouping classes for example

Hailto 10-23-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv (Post 2996747)

I have been leaning towards playing a Druid actually. But was concerned about the ability to get groups, you really think that will be pretty much alleviated with the server being fresh? That might decide it for me.

oldhead 10-23-2019 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv (Post 2996747)

Will wizards be viable and wanted? Always wanted to wizard but never liked how they are not top desired in exp group. How will green make that different?