Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   You don't "own" a camp because you just started clearing. (/forums/showthread.php?t=424401)

zelld52 10-04-2023 08:55 AM

You don't "own" a camp because you just started clearing.

Logging into HS north to move my toon out of HS, and there's some goober enchanter who is on his first kill of the whole wing.

He sends tell, "It's camped. Please leave."

LOL. What? The wing that is fully popped? You're camping this, you say? You think you have squatters rights or something?

I started to kill stuff, because I knew I could kill faster than him. But then I forgot my mission was to LEAVE HS.. lol. So I just rooted a bunch of mobs in the hallway for shits and giggles and then gated out.

No name and shame here. Just have a laugh with me, or at me.

Toxigen 10-04-2023 08:56 AM

cool story

zelld52 10-04-2023 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3650286)
cool story

It is a cool story, thanks. And indicative of sheer sense of entitlement some players have.

magnetaress 10-04-2023 09:08 AM

Technically you have access to camps which can be revoked or superceded at any time.

zelld52 10-04-2023 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnetaress (Post 3650294)
Technically you have access to camps which can be revoked or superceded at any time.

I had this clarified to me by a GM a few months ago. Camp claim requires the following:

- Camp is clear of mobs.
- Maintain a constant presence.

GM also said that if you have partially cleared a camp, and then another group comes down and finishes clearing before you - they have rights to the camp.

So you can't just look at a camp and then tell everyone else stay away because you saw it first. Gotta do the work first to claim it.

Toxigen 10-04-2023 09:40 AM

The HS wings aren't a single camp.

If someone claims North all you have to do is go beyond their LoS. According to the seb crypt example this is perfectly fine.

North Ramp is just the premo spot because it has a safe AFK spot. Just like in South...the safe cubby is the typical spot but thats not stopping anyone from going and setting up shop in another spot.

eqravenprince 10-04-2023 09:46 AM

In my opinion, this rule is wrong. A camp has to be started somehow. This is ridiculous if you believe this is ok and within "play nice policy". I sincerely hope next time you start a camp a full group comes in and clears the rest of it and claims it. Karma is a bitch.

Old_PVP 10-04-2023 10:08 AM

Just PK him next time… oh wait. Guess you should’ve joined RED

Smoofers 10-04-2023 10:08 AM

OP - sounds like you got bullied and it worked. Do better next time?

zelld52 10-04-2023 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 3650303)
In my opinion, this rule is wrong. A camp has to be started somehow. This is ridiculous if you believe this is ok and within "play nice policy". I sincerely hope next time you start a camp a full group comes in and clears the rest of it and claims it. Karma is a bitch.

LOL. Is that you? Goober enchanter from this morning?