Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Teams PvP ETA? (/forums/showthread.php?t=415944)

pink grapefruit 03-01-2023 03:42 PM

Teams PvP ETA?

i've lost count of the years we have been waiting. 2023 must be the year.

...right?

Ripqozko 03-01-2023 03:43 PM

Red isn’t even good at being red, try green they are better at pvp. Hope that helps.

Ekco 03-01-2023 04:42 PM

so glad my childhood memories of everquest aren't tied to a playstyle literally nobody wants to play anymore.

Evia 03-01-2023 05:04 PM

This would be awesome to see. I hope the devs here still have interest in doing this. The last time I recall hearing about it was shortly after Green launched, yeah? Has anything been mentioned about it since? So we're on like 3 years now without any follow up which is a bit concerning.

When you could still trade between red and blue, I tried a ranger out on Red and had a very good time. The low population kinda sucked, but playing EQ where you're constantly looking over your shoulder definitely made the game more fun and exciting. I was memorizing and using spells and abilities that I never use on a blueby server.

The problem I had with Red was the community was just very hostile to each other and perhaps that's innate with a pvp server? Idk. But EQ at its core is a social game where making friends and accomplishing feats in game together is half the thrill. Sadly my pvp experience in eq removes that fun comrade spirit and replaces it with this toxic hatred for everyone.

I'd still play pvp teams if it ever launched tho! Perhaps the teams part will instill more of the classic EQ teamwork vibe while still giving you the "look over your shoulder super paranoid all the time" excitement.

Either way I'd love some news on if it's going to happen or if we should all just stop anticipating it.

Zwieback 03-01-2023 05:37 PM

you! how much $ did u pay for Ekco?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekco (Post 3582435)
so glad my childhood memories of everquest aren't tied to a playstyle literally nobody wants to play anymore.

TercerRigo 03-01-2023 06:19 PM

Your ruleset poll does show favorably for some kind of pvp, but if it is as Loramin has said, and volunteer staff resources are scarce, why announce anything?

I'd gladly give some of my time for a purple server though.

Sadre Spinegnawer 03-01-2023 06:24 PM

I was making a sandwich and I got one piece of bread out and the next one and I was wondering, is this on purpose, that they always fit together like they do? This was way before I got out of dental school and before the original Everquest. Is this why people say product X would be "the best thing since sliced bread"? It adds up. But how bad would life be if they didn't do it this way? Classic example of markets paying a premium for something new, but I would like the option, if it makes a significant diff.

Sadre Spinegnawer 03-01-2023 06:31 PM

Look. My point is, there has to be significant cost, labor, or equipment outlays so that sliced bread is sorted the way they do it since forever. I admit it is a fantastic invention. But if this is kind of this major cost hurdle for the bread business, I would check out offering people a choice. I enjoy the convenience of sliced bread, but I don't think any of us need "fancy" if this is what this all boils down to.

Sadre Spinegnawer 03-01-2023 06:37 PM

I'm going to get a million /ignores from harried moms (and dads) who praise God for sliced bread. There were three kids in my family, plus my dad, so that was four lunches my mom had to make every weekday. But this is why I hate corporations. They make everything uniform. Because here is how it goes down. They invent a luxury, then make it so it's "verbotten" to not do it. Everyone in lockstep eating matching bread slices, like little perfect robots.

A lot of us need to thank our parents for the bullshit they had to put up with.

Ekco 03-01-2023 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zwieback (Post 3582455)
you! how much $ did u pay for Ekco?

this mother fucker... if it's not some idiot ingame (and now on the forums) accusing me of rmt its some shitters on here claiming i'm wokecat lol