Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   New EQ Live TLP Servers Announced (/forums/showthread.php?t=357203)

galach 04-28-2020 05:50 PM

New EQ Live TLP Servers Announced

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...may-27.265570/

Quote:

Hail, Norrathians! It is almost time to begin a fantastic new adventure. The Time-Locked Progression servers Aradune and Rizlona are launching on May 27! It's time to begin new adventures and forge new alliances.

An EverQuest Progression Server is a way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time, starting during the earlier eras of the game. The Aradune Truebox Dedicated Progression and Rizlona Boxed Dedicated Progression servers begin with access to the original zones that were available at launch and will gradually add expansions every 3 months until Planes of Power/Lost Dungeons of Norrath at which point it will be locked.

Need to know what to expect on Aradune and Rizlona?

Dedicated GM - Rizlona and Aradune are GM dedicated servers, this means they will be more visible on your server and petition queues will go direct to them. It is possible that there will be instances where other GMs may assist when available but most will go to your specific GMs. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more about your server's GMs!

Aradune Ruleset -
Mangler Ruleset for XP Progression
Agents of Change Enabled
Pick Zones Enabled

By playing on Aradune you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including Aradune associated accounts.

Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts.

Rizlona Ruleset -
Mangler Ruleset for XP Progression
Agents of Change Enabled
Pick Zones Enabled

By playing on Rizlona you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including all Rizlona associated accounts.

To play on Aradune or Rizlona server when they launch, all you'll need is an All Access Membership

I wonder if the dedicated GM's will solve some of the issues with boxers, PNP abusers etc

loramin 04-28-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galach (Post 3119897)
I wonder if the dedicated GM's will solve some of the issues with boxers, PNP abusers etc

My favorite part was:

Quote:

Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM.
That will totally give them the classic experience :rolleyes:

magnetaress 04-28-2020 06:24 PM

Tempted now more then ever to check out Aradune. Glad they are looking into making it feel like a classic experience. As far as the way people will play there and interact some.

Agents of Change not so keen on, not a bad idea in theory for people who don't have a ton of time to camp stuff, but hey, - these could be real fun servers for a good while. And if I had to sub again, I would definitely do it on Aradune, then maybe switch over to a heroic on live to relive some DoN

Sibelia1 04-28-2020 07:06 PM

me & mine shall play on Aradune! It's Brad's memorial EQ server, launched in these times. How can u pass?

Swish 04-28-2020 07:17 PM

Quote:

By playing on Aradune you agree to:

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including Aradune associated accounts.

Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts.
Why make rules the few remaining staff can't uphold?

Sibelia1 04-28-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3119967)
Why make rules the few remaining staff can't uphold?

Oh hush sweetie. Discouragement beats nuthin. And this will be good old messy & sloppy fun. :D

Bigsham 04-28-2020 07:32 PM

how can you pass? Easy

those servers are a joke both content and new textures / zones

laughable

Still crossing my fingers for new red

Evia 04-28-2020 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigsham (Post 3119980)
how can you pass? Easy

those servers are a joke both content and new textures / zones

laughable

Still crossing my fingers for new red

Was hoping for fv loot server. Oh ,well definitely won’t be playing.

BlackBellamy 04-28-2020 08:08 PM

Wait so this Agents of Change means your group instances a whole zone and it's fully popped and itemized? Whaaaaa? The only diff is the exp is turned down?

So on this server you can instance zones to get your loot and then exp in regular zones? What in the living fuck is this abomination of an idea? I mean it's a GREAT idea, just not for Everquest....

Never heard of this mechanic before but makes the game completely unlike the game they are trying to recapture with the earlier zones and progression.

galach 04-28-2020 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBellamy (Post 3120019)
Wait so this Agents of Change means your group instances a whole zone and it's fully popped and itemized? Whaaaaa? The only diff is the exp is turned down?

So on this server you can instance zones to get your loot and then exp in regular zones? What in the living fuck is this abomination of an idea? I mean it's a GREAT idea, just not for Everquest....

Never heard of this mechanic before but makes the game completely unlike the game they are trying to recapture with the earlier zones and progression.

Just raid zones. Usually need at least 1 group to trigger them and can only do them once every week (6.5 day lockout)