Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Need help! P99 Installation on Mac (/forums/showthread.php?t=130643)

Aarinak 12-10-2013 06:41 PM

Need help! P99 Installation on Mac

EDIT: I seem to have everything downloaded correctly and the Wine paths correct and such. But how do I actually RUN the eq client?? When I double-click eqgame.exe it just says that OSX doesn't support windows files.

Thank you!

-Josh

Aarinak 12-10-2013 10:29 PM

Anybody with knowledge about this stuff? Trying to play while my PC is in the shop :(

Pringles 12-11-2013 12:02 AM

Could always go the bootcamp route..... i havent done the mac install so I can help you but I've boot camped my macbook pro and it runs windows perfectly.

Aarinak 12-11-2013 12:18 AM

I have everything done exactly like the guides say using the Wine wrapper, but I do not understand how to open eqgame.exe since I'm using OSX. I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff but I think I have the paths right and everything. How do I run EQ??

The1Gnome 12-11-2013 12:54 AM

There's quite a long list of instructions when you install the client on a mac through wineskin, double check and make sure you did do everything EXACTLY as asked. Make sure the wineskin advanced options have patchme written under the EXE flags. Make sure the wineskin wrapper is in the location exactly as instructed. Also using the "kill wineskin processes" command tends to work out a lot of start up issues. Seems like a problem with the wineskin set up as opposed to EQ.

Aarinak 12-11-2013 12:57 AM

So you're saying I should be able to just double-click eqgame.exe?

The1Gnome 12-11-2013 01:58 AM

After installing it via the instructions on this website I double-click the Project1999.app that I created with the wine wrapper and it runs.

Tewaz 12-11-2013 03:03 PM

I did the same thing. I did have some issues that I can't remember, but I just ended up going over the instructions one more time, redoing each step and it worked.

Derubael 12-11-2013 06:40 PM

Can anyone with Mac experience fill me in on whether its easier to do the Wineskin install method I currently have stickied, or if its easier to bootcamp it?

If it's easier to bootcamp, anyone feel like writing a guide?

jazzer 12-11-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derubael (Post 1216505)
Can anyone with Mac experience fill me in on whether its easier to do the Wineskin install method I currently have stickied, or if its easier to bootcamp it?

If it's easier to bootcamp, anyone feel like writing a guide?

It's easier to bootcamp. I have used it this way for 2 years, and I have it working in Wine also. If you are not familiar will the MAC OS and Wine, just bootcamp. I could write or assist in writing a document if needed.