Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Official EQ TLP Locked Velious Server (/forums/showthread.php?t=408623)

project99toons 09-29-2022 07:46 PM

Official EQ TLP Locked Velious Server

This is a forum post with the idea of EverQuest releasing a Velious locked TLP server. Getting a gauge of interest and waiting my official EQ forum post to be approved. Once it’s up, I’ll post it here for people to leave their thoughts to Daybreak.

I have played on Project 1999 for years and feel like a lot of players will come back to the original EQ with a Velious locked server due to the QoL enhancements that the P99 server lacks. I’ve also played on Mangler, but fell behind quick due to expansions lvl increases etc. A lot of players I feel run into this issue and end up cancelling their membership because they can’t find the time to grind.

Customer service is reliable via Daybreak compared to P99 that’s run independently. Make it a true box TLP server (2 total) that locks at Velious and people won’t worry about grinding constantly with the release of new expansions. Bring back old items (manastone, guise, etc) for a limited time and follow the original timeline up to Velious.

The biggest reasons for this: QoL, customer support, max Lvl 60, original timeline, etc. It allows people who played the game back in the day and currently to explore everything the original game, Kunark, and Velious have to offer, without the worries of grinding exp gear and content.

Per EverQuest’s official Twitter, they stated to post on the official EQ forums to see how much interest there is. Please leave your thoughts comments and let them know you want this. If it happens, I would join and pay for a membership again in a heartbeat.

This is the link to the forum post I’m waiting for them to approve

http://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/i...server.285696/

Thanks

cd288 09-30-2022 01:43 AM

Cool so you come to P99 to try to steal players for your whack TLP server. Got it

Garnaak 09-30-2022 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3512102)
Cool so you come to P99 to try to steal players for your whack TLP server. Got it

And double posting. Isn't that spam? I think there may be rules against that sort of thing...

edit - yup, spam.

Quote:

Spam
Do not spam the forums. Multiple threads or posts of the same content, phrase, or message, will be considered as spam and deleted.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=324844

Arvan 09-30-2022 03:26 AM

TLPs suck - why do you think we are here?

Croco 09-30-2022 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arvan (Post 3512109)
TLPs suck - why do you think we are here?

Sunk cost fallacy.

Allishia 09-30-2022 02:26 PM

Ya live sucks, the character models, the pay to win soe store, Kronos, no thank you! :)

Chortles Snortles 09-30-2022 02:42 PM

i humored a friend and rolled with him on PoP TLP
barfalicious experience

Allishia 09-30-2022 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles (Post 3512286)
i humored a friend and rolled with him on PoP TLP
barfalicious experience

Ya I tried it twice when bda went to phinny, I just couldn't do it.

-TK- 09-30-2022 02:50 PM

Probably just should have just doubled down on pushing your rotating hotzone idea instead of coming back here with this garbage idea.

Foxplay 10-01-2022 04:30 AM

krono

Lol no, garbage game. And even worse toxicity