Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Other Games Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=416213)

booter 12-09-2023 11:32 AM

games going mainstream, even npr has a top list now (and it's actually done well?)

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/18/11875...-nintendo-2023

lots of cool smaller titles getting love this year

DysonComics 12-09-2023 11:40 AM

I fired up my original gamecube and have been playing the first two super monkeyball games. I forgot how incredibly fun and addicting they are. Especially the minigolf game in the first one.

Played those games for sooooo many hours as a kiddo.. sigh middleschool.

Origen 12-09-2023 12:42 PM

Finally finished TotK, now I have moved onto Red Dead Redemption 2 and it's wonderful. Love the voice acting and how well they captured the outdoors

Meneldor 12-09-2023 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DysonComics (Post 3665485)
I fired up my original gamecube and have been playing the first two super monkeyball games. I forgot how incredibly fun and addicting they are. Especially the minigolf game in the first one.

>Not spending middle school in th 90s
Ngmi

magnetaress 12-10-2023 09:30 AM

That horror fishing game is my jam.

I think bloodlines looks cool. Still not finished tho!

mcoy 12-10-2023 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DysonComics (Post 3665485)

Metroid Prime is still my fav gamecube game. The soundtrack is amazing, and I have an old set of speakers that work for surround sound.

I have the recently remastered one for switch (ofc) but somehow it's not quite the same. I ordered the gamecube-esque controller (it's unplayable for me without it) but something still feels off. It does look and sound great though.

-Mcoy

MrSparkle001 12-11-2023 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Origen (Post 3665499)
Finally finished TotK, now I have moved onto Red Dead Redemption 2 and it's wonderful. Love the voice acting and how well they captured the outdoors

RDR2 has IMO the most realistic world in a game. There are things that happen kind of in the background you have to see to believe.

Ciderpress 03-17-2024 03:06 PM

Recently tried playing palworld. Why is every single unreal engine game conspicuously similar in really specific ways? They all look like reskinned fortnite, or maybe fortnite looks like reskinned something else. I don't really care but it's super lame.

Forced 3rd person, offset to the left by default, when you're low hp you crawl around on hands and knees and teammates can hold left click to revive you, also hold left click to swing your axe\weapon from left to right exactly like when you use your pickaxe in fortnite. How is any of that part of the "engine" and not just game design?

I hate the unreal engine not because it looks bad but because every game (or at least many) that uses it feels like a cheap shitty mod.

magnetaress 03-17-2024 04:18 PM

Has anyone mentioned bg1-2?

Swish 03-17-2024 05:28 PM

Or Pillars of Eternity?