Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rotation on Raid Targets ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=7566)

randomer 05-14-2010 10:10 AM

Rotation on Raid Targets ?

ok before i start i dont want this thread to turn into R&F please just want to have a mature discussion about the current situation and the possibility of having a rotation on the 6 main raid targets.

I dont see why you guys cant work out a rotation on the current raid mobs ? with like 5/6 guilds you each get 1 or 2 a week, it would put a end to all this camping nonsense and fights over targets,i remember on live servers there used to be more 5 or more guilds all in rotation it worked fine and the guilds had more of a respect for each other,you might say wheres the competition in that ? but where is the competition now you just have 1 maybe 2 guilds pretty much camping every target 24/7 with a raid force on call at any moment giving the normal/casual players little or no chance to fully experience eq classic and thats what most play for in the end to have the fun of raiding these targets again.

The real competition will come with expansions when some harder raid targets are available and guilds can gear up to race for them, thats fair enough,but for now cant we let the majority people enjoy the server,
im sure a rotation would benefit more people than it would hinder :).

Chucck 05-14-2010 10:13 AM

I believe they tried it already. But in essence, thats not really classic. Camping was the majority of classic EQ on most servers, but if a rotation was initiated on a server, that was done based on the players doing it, not SOE.

Zexa 05-14-2010 10:20 AM

Search for one of the 10 other threads about this that made it to 20 pages and you'll have your answers.

Jify 05-14-2010 10:20 AM

We will destroy you!

karsten 05-14-2010 10:22 AM

hey I've said it before, we're all adults here and I don't see why we can't figure out a way to share targets also. Possibly something like a staggered rotation or something to spice things up -- that way everyone gets a piece of the nostalgia pie

Ektar 05-14-2010 10:43 AM

Well we're movin' on up, Karsten. To the east side. To a deluxe rotation in the plane of sky. Movin'.. ON up, Karsten, to the east side, in fact. We finally want everyone to have a piece of the nostalgia pie.

TheDudeAbides 05-14-2010 10:56 AM

Some people seem to think these mobs are incredibly important or something

So I seriously doubt you'll be seeing a rotation anytime soon

guineapig 05-14-2010 11:17 AM

Well the simulated patch day respawn of all raid mobs at once was a great idea that everyone seems to have forgotten about.

It's completely classic in feel and the last time all the raid mobs were up at the same time everyone was able to get to at least 1 or 2 raid targets. Timers were called on guilds, etc.

Basically it worked, it wasn't a rotation, and would be in addition to the regular random spawn cycle that's already in effect.

Slackbadger 05-14-2010 11:28 AM

something should be sorted out for the good of the whole server,theres no reason why something cant be figued out at the next guild meeting, how about a rotation and all mobs pop on patch days as well ?

Dawgrin 05-14-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guineapig (Post 60524)
Well the simulated patch day respawn of all raid mobs at once was a great idea that everyone seems to have forgotten about.

It's completely classic in feel and the last time all the raid mobs were up at the same time everyone was able to get to at least 1 or 2 raid targets. Timers were called on guilds, etc.

Basically it worked, it wasn't a rotation, and would be in addition to the regular random spawn cycle that's already in effect.

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me...just need some Dev buy in on it
Of course I am not yet raiding on this server, but I do remember the post patch rush to raid targets and scouting (in kunark and velious). Which I always thought was a blast.