Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Faction, Clerics, and Teal... (/forums/showthread.php?t=340583)

Phillosopher27 11-11-2019 06:22 PM

Faction, Clerics, and Teal...

I've been noticing an increasing problem on teal and would like some clarification on the matter. We (34+ melee) have a huge issue getting clerics to come group in Sola to kill gnomes, and HHK guards because they are worried they will tank their almighty Gnome faction in ak'anon. So my question is, If a cleric is NOT a gnome, what are they losing out on by killing gnomes in Sol a, and Guards in HHK? I just dont see the point of stifling 90% of melee in their mid levels because you don't want to tank faction in a city you'll never visit? Unless there is some other reason. Please, HELP ME UNDERSTAND!

bum3 11-11-2019 06:24 PM

Why can't you group where they are? Lots of people prefer to get exp where they also get upgrades.

Tecmos Deception 11-11-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillosopher27 (Post 3021177)
I just dont see the point of stifling 90% of melee in their mid levels because you don't want to tank faction in a city you'll never visit?

Damn entitled millennial melee. You're the reason people voted for Trump. Why don't they make good music anymore these days? In my day we didn't have wizard spires sending us to the moon; we had to run from Qeynos to Freeport, blind, with no SOW, both ways.

strawman 11-11-2019 06:34 PM

Ak'anon is actually the best city in the game and you should feel bad for killing gnomes

Swish 11-11-2019 07:16 PM

Ak'anon is an awful place, don't see why anyone would care about faction there lol

Puluin 11-11-2019 07:21 PM

If the cleric is in fact a gnome, tanking gnome faction ruins tinkering convenience.. ( maybe entirely? I forget all the vendors )
Otherwise if not a gnome, it's personal preference, likely due to a shorter run for spells.

Hhk guards will tank efp and wfp guard faction as well as some in qeynos.
This means that since clerics don't get invis, doing anything in FP and parts qeynos becomes a life or death mission.

Go to cazic Thule instead.

Danth 11-11-2019 07:31 PM

Killing those gnomes also lowers Kaladim rogue guild faction which can cause problems for people who want to hang around the bank or go to the areas deeper in like the paladin/cleric guild.

Danth

Swish 11-11-2019 07:39 PM

I understand wanting to preserve factions if you're an enchanter particularly, but there's no shortage of places to bank in EQ.

These gnomes need more evil race time :p

AegnorP99 11-11-2019 07:51 PM

I hate destroying factions, even utterly useless ones. Just feels bad to hurt the good guys.

Fawqueue 11-11-2019 09:14 PM

It's just a case of what if-ism. It's not that anyone believes that Ak'Anon faction will be relevant later, they are just worried that it might...or that an NPC on that faction might be placed randomly around the world and catch them unaware. It's the fear of the unknown.