Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   jboots MQ = a waste of money? (/forums/showthread.php?t=27084)

Dantes 02-08-2011 06:53 PM

jboots MQ = a waste of money?

Why not just buy SOW potions?

The other day I was debating on whether or not jboots are actually worth it. All of this time spent camping or waiting for the camp to open, or 6k for MQ. They're slower than SOW, yes? A 10 dose SOW potion costs 100pp. So you're paying 10pp per dose. So, buying an MQ costs 6k... which would also buy you 600 SOW potion doses. So if SOW lasts 30 minutes, that's 300 hours of SOW for 6000pp.

And you only need SOW when you are moving, not when you are sitting on your butt at a camp. I might only travel about 20% of my /played time. So, 6k worth of SOW potions should actually last me 1500 hours played. This is more than 62 days played. For the average person's scheduled weekly play that's 2 years of this game, assuming 20 hours a week. If you are talking about 10 hours a week, double that to 4 years. It takes 4 years for those jboots to be worth the cost if you play just 10 hours a week.

Do you really need jboots? Support your local Shaman.

DetroitVelvetSmooth 02-08-2011 06:57 PM

You really need Jboots.

hedbonker 02-08-2011 06:58 PM

Jboots work indoors, don't they (as opposed to sow pots)?

Droodler 02-08-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DetroitVelvetSmooth (Post 218691)
You really need Jboots.

JBoots. By DetroitVeltetSmooth. Get yours or get left behind (R)

Gandite 02-08-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedbonker (Post 218692)
Jboots work indoors, don't they (as opposed to sow pots)?

No.

Shiftin 02-08-2011 07:07 PM

jboots are an instaclick buff. damn near every boss dispells. tons of actual mobs dispell. they only work in outdoor zones but Hate, Fear, and all kunark dragons + most epic fights except trak are outdoors.

you don't have to grab a new set of jboots out of your bag to click it every time your jboots run out.

I can't imagine how many potions i'd go through in a 10-12 hour sky raid between timers wearing off and deaths.

i would hate myself in the face thinking about spending cash every single time i had to click my jboots, luckily i don't.

jboots are an absolutely essential piece of equipment 45+, especially if you're raiding. sorry.

Messianic 02-08-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiftin (Post 218696)
jboots are an instaclick buff. damn near every boss dispells. tons of actual mobs dispell. they only work in outdoor zones but Hate, Fear, and all kunark dragons + most epic fights except trak are outdoors.

you don't have to grab a new set of jboots out of your bag to click it every time your jboots run out.

I can't imagine how many potions i'd go through in a 10-12 hour sky raid between timers wearing off and deaths.

i would hate myself in the face thinking about spending cash every single time i had to click my jboots, luckily i don't.

jboots are an absolutely essential piece of equipment 45+, especially if you're raiding. sorry.

True, but they're really not necessary up to that point. If you've got the spare money, great - if your total worth is < 10k, it's likely not worth it.

DetroitVelvetSmooth 02-08-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droodler (Post 218693)
JBoots. By DetroitVeltetSmooth. Get yours or get left behind (R)

Writing that down.... oh wait its copyrighted.

Shiftin 02-08-2011 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messianic (Post 218698)
True, but they're really not necessary up to that point. If you've got the spare money, great - if your total worth is < 10k, it's likely not worth it.

Honestly as a melee without gate, if your net worth is 6,001 pp and a MQ costs 6,000 PP, i'd snap them up in a second. Why spend $1k on sow potions when you're inevitably going to buy them anyway? Now you've spent $7k on being faster with the same result.

Kind of irrelevant though, right? Do any sub 45 mains legitimately have thousands of plat?

DetroitVelvetSmooth 02-08-2011 07:21 PM

I will now step aside for the inevitable "look how much plat i have and im not 45" posts forthcoming.