Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Blue and Green become so boring, people need something fresh (/forums/showthread.php?t=422360)

francis 08-07-2023 12:43 PM

Blue and Green become so boring, people need something fresh

i am very bored on the servers guys, been playing so long on the same server, and the nostalgia of eq has dissapeared.

Same raids every week, twink people leveling or getting Pled, broken market. Definitely the essence of eq is gone.

I would love to start again, find groups at low lvls, where people is ungeared trying to grow, die sometimes fighting goblins or trash mobs, and shout when i find an item with stats on it.

For now i stop playing eq, and live servers are horrible. Will just dream on a new one.

Thanks for reading.

Toxigen 08-07-2023 01:07 PM

Quarm

Deathrydar 08-07-2023 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francis (Post 3632618)
i am very bored on the servers guys, been playing so long on the same server, and the nostalgia of eq has dissapeared.

Same raids every week, twink people leveling or getting Pled, broken market. Definitely the essence of eq is gone.

I would love to start again, find groups at low lvls, where people is ungeared trying to grow, die sometimes fighting goblins or trash mobs, and shout when i find an item with stats on it.

For now i stop playing eq, and live servers are horrible. Will just dream on a new one.

Thanks for reading.

And when a new one comes along, you will just go thru the same process again.

Dolalin 08-07-2023 01:25 PM

Many people make the transition to doing classic EQ research when they get burnt out or can't play for life reasons. I was one at least. Look up an NPC in a city and see if he offers the right quests. Remember a quest that doesn't seem right here? Check everlore in the Wayback machine and make sure it looks right. You can do this whenever you want and drop it/pick it up whenever you're able. And it's a big nostalgia trip.

Troxx 08-07-2023 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathrydar (Post 3632635)
And when a new one comes along, you will just go thru the same process again.

This.

strongNpretty 08-07-2023 02:14 PM

I said this earlier, but if we had the option to toggle PVP on and off, that would be awesome..

Ripqozko 08-07-2023 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strongNpretty (Post 3632664)
I said this earlier, but if we had the option to toggle PVP on and off, that would be awesome..

This man failed on all 3 servers the toggle wouldn't matter.

unsunghero 08-07-2023 03:07 PM

If enough of you actually follow through and leave, it might get to a point where the pop gets low enough, to where not only is there less raid competition, but guilds are actually begging casuals like me to come raid

We’ll say not quite red server levels

So by all means, there’s the door. GG WP, enjoy your new game

Trelaboon 08-07-2023 03:09 PM

What it comes down to, is casual players (nothing wrong with that, I too am a filthy casual) not achieving what they want, whether it’s collecting legacy items, hitting max level fast enough, getting geared as early as others etc, then thinking “if I got a fresh start, it would be different!”

It won’t..

eqravenprince 08-07-2023 03:11 PM

I just play Solo Self Found for now. Getting into almost any group means cheesing content because of overpowered twink gear you can get on the cheap.