Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   CHA and DEX is no where near as important as you think it is (/forums/showthread.php?t=414021)

wuanahto 01-22-2023 02:13 AM

CHA and DEX is no where near as important as you think it is

So get the fuck off my bard's ass in Crusty gear you randomass motherfucking Unrest groupie motherfucker.

CHA is only a factor into Lull when it gets resisted. Critical resist = agro.
Thats it. What, you thought bards 3 tick Charm mattered? Blow it out your ass. And Mez spells are 90% a check your level vs the targets level vs the enemies magic resist, 5% RNG and 5% CHA.

And DEX? SERIOUSLY?!

Have you ever modded Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas? I mean serious digging modding not just looking on Nexus for some masturbateable bodymods. I mean using the GECK. So as you may not know, Food and Stimpacks are classified as "Restoration Spells".

Anyways, Songs are Spells. Your skill vs the song's character level requirement is it. Ever see a wizard ask for a DEX buff to make more fire?

If you kept reading for this long and are of a pragmatic mind, you now realize you wasted money on that mystic koadadal armor for your wood elf bard who probably wasted started stats.

For those minds that are left, human or half elf with all starting stats into stamina and stacking AC>HP>STA gear is your key to being a happy and successful bard.

WokeCat 01-22-2023 02:37 AM

Not true. Dexterity is basically Strength on steroids for bards. It's why level 60 Bards often times out damage rogues.

Karanis 01-22-2023 02:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuanahto (Post 3560749)
So get the fuck off my bard's ass in Crusty gear you randomass motherfucking Unrest groupie motherfucker.

CHA is only a factor into Lull when it gets resisted. Critical resist = agro.
Thats it. What, you thought bards 3 tick Charm mattered? Blow it out your ass. And Mez spells are 90% a check your level vs the targets level vs the enemies magic resist, 5% RNG and 5% CHA.

And DEX? SERIOUSLY?!

Have you ever modded Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas? I mean serious digging modding not just looking on Nexus for some masturbateable bodymods. I mean using the GECK. So as you may not know, Food and Stimpacks are classified as "Restoration Spells".

Anyways, Songs are Spells. Your skill vs the song's character level requirement is it. Ever see a wizard ask for a DEX buff to make more fire?

If you kept reading for this long and are of a pragmatic mind, you now realize you wasted money on that mystic koadadal armor for your wood elf bard who probably wasted started stats.

For those minds that are left, human or half elf with all starting stats into stamina and stacking AC>HP>STA gear is your key to being a happy and successful bard.

Attachment 20474

Chortles Snortles 01-22-2023 02:58 AM

it is very nice not aggroing a 5-pack of HT skeletons in HS after upping my CHA

wuanahto 01-22-2023 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karanis (Post 3560754)
as someone who makes money of retarded people who do not know game mechanics i must disagree with you

Gustoo 01-22-2023 04:05 AM

At this point all that matters is seeing logs for this kind of stuff. one dude logging like 30 days play time in the exact same spot at level 60 with different gear sets for high dex, high cha, and low versions of each of those.

Cast same song a billion times on green, blue, white, and red cons and see how many resists with CHA , etc etc.

And it can't be historical since everyone is kinda figuring out that the way stats work on EMU or at least P99 are significantly guess work to approximate what we imagine the game worked like in 2001

Endorra 01-22-2023 10:06 AM

Stats are meaningless. The only thing to consider for gear choices is how it looks standing in the EC tunnel.

Does it say, "I'm better than you?" Does it make the typical player think, "Wow, that toon has an item, they've seen some shit?"

Is it one-of-a-kind, a pixel that is statistically impossible to duplicate, dropped only at a GM event or so rare that there's no known copy on the server?

No? Then delete it.

magnetaress 01-22-2023 10:30 AM

I disagree with OP DEX and CHA are deep learning pro strat

Encroaching Death 01-22-2023 11:19 AM

Wait wait wait...back the story up here

Someone in Unrest wouldn't invite you to their group because you were wearing a full suit of Crust?

Lol

What is it? Level 13?

magnetaress 01-22-2023 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encroaching Death (Post 3560801)
Wait wait wait...back the story up here

Someone in Unrest wouldn't invite you to their group because you were wearing a full suit of Crust?

Lol

What is it? Level 13?

Dude this is blue green problems.

I assembled a blackburrow grp on red today and got an entire two lvls and acquired a runed oak bow all in like 3 hrs

Ppl just be crazy when they don't need to respect eachother for survival and happiness