Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Player was out of zone on an alt but logged in and took my camp (/forums/showthread.php?t=411763)

acrostoa 12-04-2022 06:29 AM

Player was out of zone on an alt but logged in and took my camp

I am flabbergasted.

I was in Warrens for 20 to 30 mins with no one else in the zone. I was camping the King.

I get tells from a level 5 named Dirtygirlx who said they are camping the king on their main. I explain that I've been here for a while and no one else has been in the zone and it doesn't seem fair that they can just claim to be camping the king on their main while not even logged in on that char or even in the zone. They tell me that they can because p99 doesn't allow multi-boxing.

Well, they logged in on their main, Mezd, and killed the King after I engaged. I took screenshots that show no one was in the zone before i engaged the King, took screenshots of this happening, and I also opened OBS and started recording but I didn't set the source so it looks like the video is of a black screen.

Is this legal? Can a player get on an alt, not be in the zone, and then log into their main and take a camp?

I'll gladly upload the screenshots.

sajbert 12-04-2022 06:50 AM

You can’t claim to hold a camp if you’ve logged out between spawns.

I coud be mistaken but I believe that anyone who simply engages first is the holder of the camp. Either way this person stole the camp from you and should be dealt with.

Malk 12-04-2022 07:09 AM

AFAIK the only rule that applies in a somewhat similar case is that if you are camping several mobs (distant, but in the same zone) and someone comes in and wants a camp, he/they have to inform you first and you have to choose the camp you keep.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply to OP's situation, where logging out the main is an auto-concede of the camp. OP should probably escalate this to staff.

acrostoa 12-04-2022 08:38 AM

Ok. They say that the GM has clarified the rules to them and now they know that they cant hold a camp on their alt.

I feel that they now understand the rules and it won't happen again.

Thanks to everyone who inputted their perspectives.

PatChapp 12-04-2022 09:17 AM

Such a trash camp.

loramin 12-04-2022 01:13 PM

Next time, just send them to https://wiki.project1999.com/Camp_Rules

Toxigen 12-04-2022 01:30 PM

sorry you dont got scepter hope this helps

Chortles Snortles 12-04-2022 01:50 PM

i love a happy ending

Kich867 12-04-2022 03:50 PM

Sounds like you get into a lot of camp disputes bro

Gustoo 12-04-2022 04:32 PM

Consider red