Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Can we talk about bards? (/forums/showthread.php?t=411730)

Xer0 12-03-2022 01:16 AM

Can we talk about bards?

What's going on with bards swarm kiting in dungeons w/tight quarters? I've been seeing it a lot lately, and it almost always ends badly. If you're going to be greedy and take half a zones spawns, at least do it somewhere away from the 10-20 other players all camped within earshot of one another. It's absolutely obnoxious.

qezelia 12-03-2022 01:57 AM

Nilbog: phase spiders of the appropriate level now summon.

This is why!

PatChapp 12-03-2022 08:45 AM

Yep, now city of mist 2nd floor is perma swarmed,as is velks.
There was a warning put out by the gms yesterday about bards being responsible for their trains,but I doubt it will mean much

Gloomlord 12-03-2022 03:43 PM

Well, I've been leveling at Velks' Entrance recently, and I've been snare kiting trains usually, because that place is prone to getting unwanted trains that flood down.

Danth 12-03-2022 07:16 PM

Step one of getting a problem fixed in video games is get it out in the open where it can't be swept under the rug anymore. Bards have been a significant problem for awhile.

Tethler 12-05-2022 04:59 AM

Just root 1 or 2 of the mobs

Encroaching Death 12-05-2022 04:41 PM

There's part of me that wants to create a Bard and level it the natural way in groups, but the temptation of the dark side would absolutely pull me in - I'll end up greed stricken and disrupt an entire zone, turn everyone against me, divorce my wife, get into a petition war, and then get banned for yelling the N word at someone.

I'm toxic enough. I can't afford to let myself get that bad.

Gloomlord 12-05-2022 05:49 PM

Wait, hold on a moment. I feel like people should have responded to my comment before.

What is acceptable and what isn't? Velketor's Labyrinth slopes are prone to mobs/spiders phasing through and aggroing other mobs, in which they proceed to eventually make their way down and train.

Is it wrong, then, to snare kite the train for my group as a Bard?

If I was doing this solo, then I can understand people's frustration here.

Ooloo 12-05-2022 07:17 PM

As I stated in my thread about bards swarming in dreadlands and getting people killed when they inevitably fuck up and die; everyone already hates your guts. Therefor even a slight mistake on your part counts as ten-fold the dick move it would be otherwise.

You pull tons of mobs, which takes forever, and then you also take forever to kill those mobs. It's the the most obnoxious shit ever.

Ghost of Starman 12-05-2022 07:32 PM

swarming is Velks is like 10/10 when it comes to bard assholeness, you will absolutely get people killed, at least in outdoor zones you have plausible deniability.

People have been guild kicked from Kittens and other guilds due to how often it leads to conflict and death.