Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Uncommon Places to Solo with Fungi Monk (/forums/showthread.php?t=417940)

Croco 05-23-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckle (Post 3612925)
Only 30! Haven’t played much at all (surprise). Leveled in OOT at the aviak island and fairies in lfay, was really cool doing classic camps I’ve never been to. For 30+ I’m thinking maybe TOFS as I’ve never leveled there at all just visited a few times at max level. Crystal caverns I haven’t done since live not sure when I’ll head there.

Tofs is awful for a monk. Do yourself a favor and stay in/near zones that have a bank. That's one reason CC is fantastic for monk soloing. Everything you loot you can either bank or sell and then bank the money without ever leaving the zone.

Same reason why high keep was (and still is) excellent for soloing. It's not the amazing one stop shop it use to be but it's still a serviceable exp zone.

Knuckle 05-23-2023 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croco (Post 3612967)
Tofs is awful for a monk. Do yourself a favor and stay in/near zones that have a bank. That's one reason CC is fantastic for monk soloing. Everything you loot you can either bank or sell and then bank the money without ever leaving the zone.

Same reason why high keep was (and still is) excellent for soloing. It's not the amazing one stop shop it use to be but it's still a serviceable exp zone.

I mean I’m not really too worried about the loot or even xp. I’m not disagreeing that tofs would be challenging but is it too much for a monk twink with fungi?

Krinkill 05-23-2023 03:45 PM

You need a necro friend or a cleric with keys, if youve never tried tofs maybe log in your main and try first.

DeathsSilkyMist 05-23-2023 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Croco (Post 3612967)

TOFS is great for a twinked monk if you are just looking to XP. Did that from 40-48 on my Monk, who had Fungi + IFS. TOFS gives better XP per hour 40+. TOFS is typically less crowded than Crystal Caverns, so you are more likely to get the camp you are after.

I did Crystal Caverns on my twinked monk from 30-40, and the zone is great for that level range. 40+ the XP starts to slow down a bit. You can certainly do Crystal Caverns into the mid 40s (I did that on my Shaman), but TOFS is faster if you are just trying to power through levels.

The trick to TOFS is you just need to FD around 40% life if the fight isn't going your way. Corpse recovery is a pain in TOFS, so you don't want to have to deal with a failed FD at 20% life. Any time a mob is getting super lucky on their hits and you are missing a lot, just reset the fight. That scenario doesn't happen too often, so it isn't like it slows you down a lot to be a little more cautious.

Vivitron 05-24-2023 02:33 PM

Floor 2 ToFS can be rougher than floor 3/4. There are a lot of casters on 2 including lots of enchanters. When I tried it on my bard the amount I got charmed kept floor 2 from being worth it. I don't know what kind of MR you need to make that a non-issue.

DeathsSilkyMist 05-24-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivitron (Post 3613219)
Floor 2 ToFS can be rougher than floor 3/4. There are a lot of casters on 2 including lots of enchanters. When I tried it on my bard the amount I got charmed kept floor 2 from being worth it. I don't know what kind of MR you need to make that a non-issue.

At level 40 a twinked monk can do floor 2. Feign Death reduces charm risk significantly. Feign Death after charm breaks and try the fight again after you get your HP back.

My twinked monk soloed floor 2 for his floor 3 key. Floor 3 is where you want to be at level 40, better XP and no casters.

Worst case you can always use a higher level character to kill Floor 2 until the key drops, and swap back to your monk. Generally speaking if you have a twinked monk it is not your first character.

Floor 4 is harder than Floor 2/3 for a monk from my experience. The shadows are casters, which can be dangerous. They cast damage shield on other mobs too. I skipped Floor 4 and 5 and went to Floor 6 around level 45.

Croco 05-24-2023 05:44 PM

There's a lot of annoying af casters the higher you go in ToFS. Unless you have nostalgia for that zone and know exactly what you're doing it's not worth the hassle. There are far better zones to spend your time especially as a fungi twinked monk.

Toxigen 05-25-2023 06:21 AM

Fungi twink monks should be required to camp Raster.

mcoy 05-25-2023 08:16 AM

I did FM > CC > lguk. I've still never been to tofs on any character. I need to remedy that.

-Mcoy

Crede 05-25-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcoy (Post 3613372)
I did FM > CC > lguk. I've still never been to tofs on any character. I need to remedy that.

-Mcoy

I solo crawled it on my bard as soon as I got charm. Fun zone.