Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   New "Hardcore" (Death=delete) EQ League starting.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=419166)

Dulu 05-19-2023 05:10 PM

New "Hardcore" (Death=delete) EQ League starting..

We are starting a hardcore Everquest league (death = delete), on project 1999. If anyone is interested, join the discord https://discord.gg/3YvtK59y and check it out!

Saturday, June 24th, 2023 is the expected start date.

Death = Delete
If your character dies, for any reason other than intentional griefing or a verified disconnect. It's permanently dead. No resurrecting, no respawning.

Only group and trade with other hardcore players
Do not group with non hardcore players for any reason.

No boosting/outside help
You can not receive items, money, buffs, or any kind of assistance from players who are NOT hardcore.

Loot only what you or your party kills
You can not loot anything that was killed by other parties, even if they leave it behind.

Only purchase default vendor items
You can not purchase anything from vendors sold by other players. You may only purchase items the NPC's sell on their own.

Philistine 05-19-2023 09:40 PM

Oh man! I'm too much of a wimp for this but look forward to hearing about folks' adventures.

I never make it passed 2-4 when untwinked before I die!

Swish 05-19-2023 11:14 PM

Any class restrictions etc?

Jimjam 05-20-2023 04:12 AM

Is there guild tag or anything?

nilzark 05-20-2023 07:33 AM

Recruit from all time zones including Kazakhstan, because I play at weird hours.

Dulu 05-20-2023 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilzark (Post 3612169)
Recruit from all time zones including Kazakhstan, because I play at weird hours.

Absolutely.

We're up to 25 members so far, which is actually more than I expected this early.

The plan is to go live next month, and just building it up bit by bit until then.

Gustoo 05-20-2023 07:15 PM

I think if you generate a corpse you’re out. People training you and link deaths go with the territory I think. Play it like it’s a real game where no GM is gunna revive you and your character literally becomes level 1

Old_PVP 05-20-2023 07:25 PM

There's a WoW emulated server with a similar ruleset. You die, your character is gone. Lots of other custom content.

https://turtle-wow.org/#/home

Toxigen 05-21-2023 10:06 AM

This may be the only thing that could bring me back to play EQ. Love the idea.

If anyone is interested....a static trio 3x iksar monk/sham/necro would be solid for this ruleset.

Dulu 05-21-2023 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3612439)
This may be the only thing that could bring me back to play EQ. Love the idea.

If anyone is interested....a static trio 3x iksar monk/sham/necro would be solid for this ruleset.

We'd love to have you bro!

I updated the discord link so that it won't expire:

https://discord.gg/MrfjjGT5t8

Quote:

Any class restrictions etc?
None! Play whatever you like.

Quote:

Is there guild tag or anything?
Yes. When the league goes live on June 24th, we will create a guild. Name undecided.