Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Miscellaneous: Logging into the Wrong Account (/forums/showthread.php?t=13503)

nerfed 07-26-2010 04:17 PM

Logging into the Wrong Account

Logged into my account and I was actually on someone else's. I was able to log into a character also which doesn't say much for account security. This has happened once to a guildie also.

And no I didn't take anything I logged on a naked lowbie to test it.

abbadox 07-26-2010 04:19 PM

I will state this was my account, so I am posting a reply. Not really sure how to fix this. Hope it doesnt happen to someone else.

Yoite 07-26-2010 05:05 PM

it happened to me also on Saturday afternoon. Logged in using my account info and password, it brought up a char select screen for another account, was just a lvl 1 naked troll.

logged off, back in, could get to my own char select screen now but when entering world BAM instant disconnect. This went on for like an hour then it magically started working again.

Coalrymer 07-26-2010 05:23 PM

I don't think this is just this server. This happen to me on EZ server as well. Some guy named lorark.

Lazortag 07-26-2010 05:24 PM

I logged onto Yiblaan's account and sold all of his gear for 1 copper.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Troy 07-26-2010 10:43 PM

Game logged me into wrong account?!

I went to log in 5 minutes ago, typed my password and hit enter twice to log into P99 as normal but at character select I had someone else's account. I didn't try to enter the world on any of his/her characters, but one of them was a 22 bard named Vedder.

It was definitely my account info entered at login and it was definitely P99 that I chose on the server list. I don't have characters on any other server.

Confused, I hit quit to return to the login screen and try again. Typed my password and hit enter twice and it brought me to character select with my actual characters as normal. Very strange and somewhat concerning :confused:

mmiles8 07-26-2010 10:47 PM

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12956

tal597 08-01-2010 04:31 PM

Getting logged on to wrong account.

Folks, people are getting logged on to the wrong account. One person in guild had most of his stuff taken. Another person in guild just reported that when they logged in, using their correct credentials, they got connected to another person's account. They logged out, logged back in and got the correct account. They are afraid to report it concerned that they will be accusing of hacking accounts.

Might want to check it out. Peace.

Humwawa 08-01-2010 04:37 PM

This is definitely happening.

Arkis 08-01-2010 04:47 PM

I have seen this three times now in the past 2/3 weeks with people from my guild/people in EC. Is this getting more and more common?