Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Top raid guild per server? (/forums/showthread.php?t=306542)

Trelaboon 09-07-2018 03:25 PM

Top raid guild per server?

I’ve been wondering lately primarily about the servers I played on during live (Rallos Zek, then Bristlebane then Firiona Vie). I never raided back then, so I don’t really remember who were the top dogs and it got me to wondering about each server.

I remember during my time on Bristlebane, Club Fu guys always being “geared” but I was 16 or 17 with no real knowledge of ToV etc, so well geared to me then we’re warriors with Cobalt BPs. While on Firiona Vie, I remember Fire and Fury was at least one of the top, but does anyone know who was THE top guild on those servers? I’m interested in hearing about other servers “best” as well.

loramin 09-07-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trelaboon (Post 2769750)
I remember during my time on Bristlebane, Club Fu guys always being “geared” but I was 16 or 17 with no real knowledge of ToV etc, so well geared to me then we’re warriors with Cobalt BPs.

That is correct: Club Fu was the dominant raiding guild on Bristlebane, at least well into Luclin (and I think at least partway into PoP also). Their biggest competitor/the #2 guild on the server was AO ("Arch Overseers" IIRC), and then I want to say that third place went to Ring of Scale ... but I might be misremembering that last one.

I wasn't in any of those guilds, but I had lots of IRL friends in both Fu and AO (more in Fu, because like half the guild played at a computer gaming center I went to).

Fun historical side note: the SOE staff tried to make Club Fu change their guild name (ie. "Club Fuck You"), but they managed to convince them (falsely) that it was Fu as in the Chinese "good luck" character, and so they got to keep it :)

Pwnstar 09-07-2018 03:59 PM

Was Club fu , Ao , Ring of Valor , Circle of Legends. Bristlebane was a real fun time !

rraak 09-07-2018 04:08 PM

I was in AO back in like '99-00, had a lot of pals in each of the aforementioned guilds. Succoring Winds were fun people though.

Lurgort/Sseri 09-07-2018 04:31 PM

I remember <Valon> and <Clan Ta Veren> as #1 and ##2 with <Dawntreaders>, <Shadow Council> being the family style but with some raiding on Terris-Thule from '00-'06.

Halox 09-07-2018 04:37 PM

I played on The Tribunal back in the day. <The Elitists> were the top guild on that server for all of classic up until around the GoD days. They were top 5 serverwide early on.

Cecily 09-07-2018 04:43 PM

Phantom Raiders on Bertoxx

Dragon Council.. I remember DC being widely hated and I wanted to join them or PR really bad then.

Prophesy too. Think those were our top 3.

zodium 09-07-2018 04:54 PM

Inner Circle were the top guild on Xegony, I think. I heard those guys were top jerks, though, except my one warrior pal who taught me warrior stuff. He got a BFG in Velious and it was the coolest. :o

Linksfather 09-07-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zodium (Post 2769856)
Inner Circle were the top guild on Xegony, I think. I heard those guys were top jerks, though, except my one warrior pal who taught me warrior stuff. He got a BFG in Velious and it was the coolest. :o

Yeah, Inner Circle and Jade Dragon for along while on Xegony

loramin 09-07-2018 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwnstar (Post 2769799)
Was Club fu , Ao , Ring of Valor , Circle of Legends. Bristlebane was a real fun time !

Ring of Valor, that's right! I knew Ring of Scale was close but I couldn't remember the correct name.

And yeah, Bristlebane was a great server.