Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Any one have Stock in Twitter? Blue bird forum value dropped by like 37 Billion (/forums/showthread.php?t=419777)

Botten 06-01-2023 08:11 PM

Any one have Stock in Twitter? Blue bird forum value dropped by like 37 Billion

Wow!

Fidelity: Twitter worth $6.55 billion, not $44 billion it was sold for

I knew Elon was making mistakes I didn’t know it was this bad.

Patriam1066 06-01-2023 08:38 PM

He took it private. Stockholders already got paid

unsunghero 06-01-2023 10:00 PM

Banned
Delete

unsunghero 06-01-2023 10:01 PM

I just think it’s funny howBANNED

Ekco 06-01-2023 11:30 PM

sounds like a dumb purchase but you really can't put a price on a App that literally controls what X amount of people think and feel about the world. he bought it for the same reason people bought newspapers or tv stations.

so maybe the billionaire that made a private space rocket company and electric car company successful when others thought it was a joke, has a plan. neuralink got approval for human trials so i assume integrating that with it is part of the goal.

Trexller 06-01-2023 11:55 PM

yeah it would be unwise to underestimate Elon Musk

this guy has a long record of being told "it's not gonna work" then replying with "hold my beer"

and like patriam said, everyone who really cares got paid.

Twitter, Inc. no longer exists, its now owned by X Corp, which is owned by X Holdings Corp, which is owned by Elon Musk.

MrSparkle001 06-02-2023 08:45 AM

There's no way Twitter was ever valued anywhere near the $44 billion he bought it for. It goes down as one of the dumbest purchases in history. That cost will never be recouped solely by Twitter. It's not a tech stock like Meta that is pursuing other avenues like AI.

And it tanked my Tesla stock. It's only now beginning to recover. As soon as he announced he was indeed purchasing it it dropped, then him selling shares tanked it.

Imagine being so damned rich you can drop $44 billion on a social media site that will never recoup your cost just because you want more control over its content?

Toxigen 06-02-2023 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 (Post 3615458)
There's no way Twitter was ever valued anywhere near the $44 billion he bought it for. It goes down as one of the dumbest purchases in history. That cost will never be recouped solely by Twitter. It's not a tech stock like Meta that is pursuing other avenues like AI.

And it tanked my Tesla stock. It's only now beginning to recover. As soon as he announced he was indeed purchasing it it dropped, then him selling shares tanked it.

Imagine being so damned rich you can drop $44 billion on a social media site that will never recoup your cost just because you want more control over its content?

what else ya gonna spend it on?

hes protecting free speech, git gud

MrSparkle001 06-02-2023 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3615460)
what else ya gonna spend it on?

hes protecting free speech, git gud

I like the liberal tears it's been producing, I don't like the drop in my net worth it's been producing.

Raj 06-02-2023 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3615379)

Banned
Delete

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3615380)
I just think it’s funny howBANNED

LOL

You are sounding very much as the Class Clown today my friend. Stay strong USH :cool: