Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Whobots. (/forums/showthread.php?t=316235)

The Heretic 01-30-2019 01:01 AM

Whobots.

Can we get some GM enforcement on the blatant boxing that goes on with people running secondary accounts on an exemption and using a /who script to look for their pvp enemies? It's why you have a 50 pop pvp server FYI. You code is fundamentally flawed when all it takes is some neckbeard with 50 retired alts checking his second monitor's whobot every 3 seconds for fresh log-ins.

Doctor Jeff 01-30-2019 03:46 PM

There is no evidence in this thread to indicate, in either direction, whether this is a feature or a bug, classic or non-classic.

It is the responsibility of the public, not the staff, to present evidence which proves a change classic. It is then the responsibility of the staff, not the public, to determine whether or not it is a change that should be made. Personal recollection is never sufficient evidence to alter game mechanics.

Please find below: Links to guides for both creating a bug report and researching evidence.

Please read before posting!

Miscellaneous: How do I research?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Xaeophi 02-03-2019 08:02 AM

lol @ ^

aaezil 02-03-2019 09:25 AM

Bad server is bad

Sirlious Mudhbuth 04-15-2019 04:38 PM

We would love to have you on Rise of Zek.

towbes 08-09-2020 10:23 PM

This is old, but bumping anyway. This isn't even an issue of having a /who "bot". Anyone can just bind a key to do /who all constantly, and have a log parser like GINA searching for UNKNOWN to know when and where anyone logs in.

This does not seem to be to the spirit of what classic EQ features like /role and /anon do. Instead it completely breaks those features.

Is this at all on the radar for change?

Tigerstyle Wutangfist 08-10-2020 01:07 PM

An additional concern (if you are doing something against the rules) is a player can friend all the GMs. If a GM logs to red (even if showing offline) they will appear briefly as they enter world on /who all friend, giving the offending player a insight that they should stop boxing/doing whatever.

greenspectre 08-14-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist (Post 3168160)
An additional concern (if you are doing something against the rules) is a player can friend all the GMs. If a GM logs to red (even if showing offline) they will appear briefly as they enter world on /who all friend, giving the offending player a insight that they should stop boxing/doing whatever.

Had to pop in because this name rang bells. Tiger, were you on Quellious or am I insane?

Tigerstyle Wutangfist 08-14-2020 10:09 PM

I was - unfortunately I am not him - just a homage to the greatest name ever.

greenspectre 08-15-2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigerstyle Wutangfist (Post 3170179)
I was - unfortunately I am not him - just a homage to the greatest name ever.

You're not wrong. I played a dwarf paladin of no special notoriety on Quellious for most of my early tenure there, but every time I saw that name, I was like...damn what a cool fuckin monk.