Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Explaining EQ pvp mechanics for a level playing field (/forums/showthread.php?t=404425)

Tradesonred 06-16-2022 10:49 AM

Explaining EQ pvp mechanics for a level playing field

What mechanics specific to EQ that you know that people should know if they never played it, or played it a long time ago?

Ill go first with a simple one: You always try to get the best buffs first, then add some less important buffs and then top it off with some shitty buffs. The last buff slot is reserved for something you will click off, so if someone casts a DOT or some other harmful spell on you, it will be the first to go when someone cancel magics you, or you do it yourself. I may not have polished that mechanic to a mirror so someone might want to add some precision to how it works.

Personally i never really played a melee, so i would be interested to know about the jousting mechanics. I have a 44 rogue on red but never did anything past backstabbing mobs in PVE.

christmas_ham69 06-16-2022 12:13 PM

Pity reply for the dumpster diver thread.

Official red news update: you will never get a new server.... LOL

https://i.imgur.com/tFAudiE.png

Gustoo 06-16-2022 12:30 PM

LOL that stigion post. Is that real? "We understand the 40 active players out of the hundreds of previously active players don't want a new server"

Tradesonred 06-16-2022 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas_ham69 (Post 3470754)

Ironically, you just gave me what i wanted. Some confirmation about what the fuck is going on. If they cant even be arsed to post something on the forums, that will suffice.

Disease 06-16-2022 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tradesonred (Post 3470783)
Ironically, you just gave me what i wanted. Some confirmation about what the fuck is going on. If they cant even be arsed to post something on the forums, that will suffice.

I told you. Rogean has already stated he has no intention of ever doing a red server again.

Tradesonred 06-16-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disease (Post 3470800)
I told you. Rogean has already stated he has no intention of ever doing a red server again.

As if im going to take someone who posts the things you post at face value. Stigion's is fine though so you morons will have to find some other meaning in life than hanging on to my every post to try to troll.

starkind 06-16-2022 05:09 PM

Unresistable wizard nukes at all lvls.

Disease 06-16-2022 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tradesonred (Post 3470802)
As if im going to take someone who posts the things you post at face value. Stigion's is fine though so you morons will have to find some other meaning in life than hanging on to my every post to try to troll.

I have my server. Will be another in a month or two as well. See you back here tomorrow same time, different thread.

Gustoo 06-17-2022 12:16 AM

P99 doesn’t have idiot staff members. Gotta assume Stigion wasn’t implying that the actual red player base doesn’t want a new server, just the active players, which is kind of saying nothing.

Tassador 06-17-2022 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas_ham69 (Post 3470754)

The funny part the 3 people who go against him cause the board has 9 active people he thinks it’s me. Dude has yet to realize nobody cared about his “last attempt” to draw attention. Accept the garbage picking meme that you’re brother. Red99 2 is never coming and if it did the second we found you you be gone kid just like that vamoosh.

I don’t even play games and would get on just to hear ecoli cry. Nostagic asf