Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Most powerful race/class combos? Least powerful race/class combos? (/forums/showthread.php?t=427958)

htabdoolb 01-31-2024 09:20 PM

Most powerful race/class combos? Least powerful race/class combos?

Been thinking about this a bit, and I wonder what other people's opinions might be. Every race has its advantages and disadvantages, and so too do the various classes. Which of these build upon the strengths of the other? For example, the classic combo of an warrior ogre. The ogre's natural high strength and stamina, combined with frontal stun immunity, make for a good pairing with the warrior class's needs and abilities.

Then on the other hand, what might the opposite be? The least powerful pairing of race and class. Especially if we opened up race restrictions for each class. Would an ogre enchantress be the most pitiful, or would it instead be the high elf warrior?

PatChapp 01-31-2024 09:23 PM

Ogre enchanter would be amazing. I can't even imagine how strong frontal stun immunity would be on an enchanter.

Gnome shaman would be pretty silly,but it'd still be a shaman so....hmm
every class pretty strong other than shitterknights,so any shitterknight would be the least powerful

aussenseiter 01-31-2024 09:38 PM

Ogre mage would be not good. Gygax weeps for what Brad wrought.

Troxx 01-31-2024 10:38 PM

Iksar any class that can’t be iksar?

zelld52 01-31-2024 11:24 PM

Vah Shir monk

DeathsSilkyMist 02-01-2024 01:46 AM

Yeah that's a tougher question for the weakest combination. The nice thing about EQ is the weaker races aren't weaker because they have a harsh penalty applied to them. They just lack strong racial traits.

The harshest penalties are applied to races that have something to compensate for it. The negative 20 fire resist on Trolls and Iksar plate restrictions are the worst, but they are countered by racial regen.

I would say Iksar Cleric would be meh. You don't have access to Donal's BP/Bracer, and the regen is helping you less than other classes, unless you have a manastone maybe.

For the strongest combo I agree with PatChapp. Ogre Enchanter would be awesome.

htabdoolb 02-01-2024 08:10 AM

Hah, this is quite funny. I thought that the low INT and even lower CHA of an Ogre would make being an Enchanter or any pure INT caster an uphill battle for them, but FSI is just that good huh?

PatChapp 02-01-2024 09:16 AM

Enchanters die from getting their stuns interrupted, FSI would decrease how often that happens. Low stats are easy to overcome

magnetaress 02-01-2024 09:17 AM

The Lore answer is gnome wizard.

Jimjam 02-01-2024 09:25 AM

Half elf cleric. Created after only the mightiest* half elf of Innorruuk overthrew and replaced his own god.