Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Want to play with my Wife, please help. (/forums/showthread.php?t=23976)

jamzei 12-20-2010 07:06 PM

Want to play with my Wife, please help.

We live in the same household, using 2 different computers, but I cannot log in, whilst she is logged in, and vice-versa. Please help me, this was what brought us together, 7 years ago, and we would like to continue playing, but do not have the money, currently to pay Station/Sony.
Advice, or Troubleshooting?

popknot 12-20-2010 07:11 PM

They only allow 1 account online from the same ip address. You have to do an Ip exemption to be able to both log in. Me and my girlfriend are actually waiting on one right now.

Zereh 12-20-2010 07:25 PM

Taken from the stickied thread here:

IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP.

So just post the required info in the Petition forum. And wait. =) They recently stated that they did these in batches and it may take up to a couple weeks before they are processed.

Aasimon 12-20-2010 07:51 PM

Be aware that an IP exemption request in the forum Zereh mention can take up to four weeks for approval. There are a large number of requests, and they are done in groups. I kindly ask for your patience while your request is in the queue.

Foulwed 01-03-2011 07:01 PM

Thanks this helps a lot. Clears up some of the confusion and frustration too.

Omnimorph 01-04-2011 06:46 AM

Take her out for a meal, clean yourself up a bit... then if you're lucky she'll let you play with her.

XD

Jannemaroo 01-04-2011 10:47 AM

Ahh.. Been wondering why it's taking so long (being a few days) to get our exemption. We actually have two different ISPs at the moment so we can still play, but we only have the second ISP for a little while so hopefully the next batch goes through before we don't have it anymore! Must remember to be patient!

Engraverwilliam 01-04-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jannemaroo (Post 201291)
Ahh.. Been wondering why it's taking so long (being a few days) to get our exemption. We actually have two different ISPs at the moment so we can still play, but we only have the second ISP for a little while so hopefully the next batch goes through before we don't have it anymore! Must remember to be patient!

stop stealing your neighbor's wi-fi!

Jannemaroo 01-04-2011 02:33 PM

Ha! I wish... Would be a cheaper option! ;)

carrots 01-06-2011 03:31 AM

project 1999 doesnt allow two people playing on the same ip. Petition and they can maybe set something up.