Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Cheating in chess controversy (/forums/showthread.php?t=408286)

unsunghero 09-21-2022 01:32 AM

Cheating in chess controversy

Up and coming “Prodigy” with a history of being caught cheating beats #1 chess player in the world, Magnus Carlson

The leading theory on how is…get this….anal beads with a computer in it sending Morse code signal pulses of the perfect next move for the board

They do a re-match and based on the accused cheater’s second move, Magnus resigns the game

Sore loser or is this guy cheating? I don’t believe the anal bead theory but I do think just like PED’s in sports people are going to be getting better and better at getting away with cheating

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=

Encroaching Death 09-21-2022 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsunghero (Post 3508084)
The leading theory on how is…get this….anal beads with a computer in it sending Morse code signal pulses of the perfect next move for the board

Who came up with that theory?

I want to shake that gentleman's hand.

Jibartik 09-21-2022 09:15 AM

Watching online chess drama makes me want to be the guy that gets to blow up the planet himself.

Jibartik 09-21-2022 09:16 AM

At least play battlechess.

MrSparkle001 09-21-2022 09:17 AM

Oooh this chess match is feeling SO good. Omg I'm gonna win it's so good.

https://memegenerator.net/img/images/13422958.jpg

magnetaress 09-21-2022 09:32 AM

I am not suprised. Anal beads would work. U could probably make it programmable too so u could just program the board with a series of squeezes.

Encroaching Death 09-21-2022 09:52 AM

Chess + Ass Play

Damn, I just went 6 to midnight

unsunghero 09-21-2022 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encroaching Death (Post 3508099)
Who came up with that theory?

I want to shake that gentleman's hand.

Lol I don’t know exactly who but no lie it became the prevailing theory

This is because supposedly this tournament has judges that wave everyone down with wands that can detect electronics in the pocket but wouldn’t through your ass

It would be hilarious if it was true and mainstream, because then everyone would have to have a scope up their ass during chess tournaments lol

unsunghero 09-21-2022 11:36 AM

This is pretty huge for the future of chess though, because if it is true that this person is still cheating (I use “still” because a lot of people are siding with him even though he has a record of cheating, and I personally believe once a cheat always a cheat), then competitive chess is essentially over

Because now people are cheating and we know we can’t catch them. That can only be the end of competitive chess

Edit: it’s even worse than cheating in sports with PED’s because the natural athletes still have a chance to win. But even Magnus has zero chance against these chess computer programs

Duik 09-21-2022 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encroaching Death (Post 3508152)
Chess + Ass Play

Damn, I just went 6 to midnight

Chass Play?