Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Friday, December 23rd, 2022 (/forums/showthread.php?t=412540)

wuanahto 01-28-2023 04:14 AM

Im thinking Classic had a high baseline agro on said spells/procs
And later xpacs reduced the baseline agro to give the "bonus agro" to current xpac spells/procs

yup, that sounds about right
i just want to play my low level rogue again. banded armor and a crystalline dagger and i am an elder god king of agro in mistmoore

Encroaching Death 01-28-2023 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwayb (Post 3563089)
Where are these "OPTIONAL" Files to increase FPS. I don't see them in the zip file anywhere.

Yeah, same.

Now my screen skips when I mouse turn.

I guess I have to reduce my max FPS in the eqclient.ini file

Encroaching Death 01-28-2023 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwayb (Post 3563089)
Where are these "OPTIONAL" Files to increase FPS. I don't see them in the zip file anywhere.

Anyone know the answer to this one?

GuyBrush Threepwood 02-14-2023 11:34 AM

Looks like these patches are actually fixing crash issues I no longer get memory read errors on windows 11. No idea if any of this is actually classic or not but whatever still enjoying the server.

Encroaching Death 02-14-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encroaching Death (Post 3564482)
Anyone know the answer to this one?

Khaleesi 03-02-2023 06:19 PM

Surprised there are not more comments /replies, this patch release sounds...awful

Kinda feel like this stuff should be on Green only, and leave Blue alone - let it be what it is and retire in peace.

damianadodd 03-03-2023 04:20 PM

Can I just stop by and express my disappointment for P99 nerfing Hole xp, so the crappy loot finally hurt enough to send people XPing in Velks and THEN nerfing whatever zone the Bards liked kiting in (I forget which) so now the Bards all swarm Velks every damn day, sending everyone to XP (on Blue anyway) in Karnors.. which is now the only PUG XP zone in the game 50+. Thanks!

kaev 03-09-2023 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuanahto (Post 3562852)
Does Titanium have LDoN in it? I remember an agro nerf to spells that was enemy level dependent vs the level of the spell learned in it.

Like Paladin Stun(30) and Holy Might(49) was not affect.. effective at level 60/65. There were also way later spells called Cease(9) and Desist(15) for paladin stuns that were shit for agro past a certain level.

Cease & Desist came out with Luclin release, so not "way later" but still out of era for this server. Can't recall when they introduced level caps on stuns, may have been during PoP (iirc there was a combat revamp during PoP), but the implementation was that if mob was immune to a spell it gave zero (or 1?) agro. However stuns were still great agro in Luclin, lazy paladins boasted about their "agro button" (macro that had all available zero damage stuns one per line, first one not on cooldown would get cast.) No idea why they'd nerf cast stun agro here.

DeliciousHalflings 03-11-2023 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damianadodd (Post 3583594)
Can I just stop by and express my disappointment for P99 nerfing Hole xp, so the crappy loot finally hurt enough to send people XPing in Velks and THEN nerfing whatever zone the Bards liked kiting in (I forget which) so now the Bards all swarm Velks every damn day, sending everyone to XP (on Blue anyway) in Karnors.. which is now the only PUG XP zone in the game 50+. Thanks!

Easy solution...nerf Bard kiting. Literally everyone on every server except Bards think it's a major issue, especially when the greedy flute slurpers take most of a zone for their 1hr+ bullshit. Fuck Bards.

killerbeebs 03-19-2023 01:42 PM

Vindi bp.... Why.... Why.... I need answers.... Vindi Bp is a phase spider carapace now