Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to time Charm for 18 seconds perfectly? (/forums/showthread.php?t=414059)

ya.dingus 01-23-2023 12:20 AM

How to time Charm for 18 seconds perfectly?

How are other bards doing this when soloing in dungeons?

What tools do you use and how do you time it perfect for charm to reland as it breaks in a dungeon?

Wickedbane 01-23-2023 03:13 AM

Best way to time it is play charm then 3 other songs then charm again.

Corso 01-23-2023 09:23 AM

I set up a gina trigger to have a 18 sec countdown, but unless I'm mistaken there is a randomness to bards charm duration, as I often had charm break before the end of said timer.
If someone has a reliable method, I'm interested as well.

Encroaching Death 01-23-2023 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corso (Post 3561207)
I set up a gina trigger to have a 18 sec countdown

How annoying does that get?

Toxigen 01-23-2023 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ya.dingus (Post 3561096)
How are other bards doing this when soloing in dungeons?

What tools do you use and how do you time it perfect for charm to reland as it breaks in a dungeon?

Try not sucking instead of posting about how bad blue is. Start playing charm when you feel its going to break...if your cast is early just cancel and start the cast again while moving away and it'll land right after it breaks.

Hope this helps.

ya.dingus 01-23-2023 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3561249)
Try not sucking instead of posting about how bad blue is. Start playing charm when you feel its going to break...if your cast is early just cancel and start the cast again while moving away and it'll land right after it breaks.

Hope this helps.

Hmm I need a more precise way, but thanks for the tips.

But also nah, blue is a cesspool and this holy crusade wont end until that server is wiped cleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Ennewi 01-23-2023 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ya.dingus (Post 3561536)
Hmm I need a more precise way, but thanks for the tips.

A bit excessive on a bard but there's always Goblin Gazughi Ring.

Saisu 01-24-2023 08:58 AM

From experience, charm duration isn’t exact timing due to server ticks. Just practice outdoors for a bit and you’ll get an intuition/feel for the breaks.

If you have very limited space and it’s critical you don’t get hit I also recommend the cancel/recast of charm - you are then only playing with ~1 second at worst when the mob will run at you. If you don’t already have macros set up, it helps to have a /stopsong, /cast # so you can quickly cycle it and prep to land it right on time.

Once you get in the groove the mob will barely turn to face you by the time your charm lands.

busted 01-24-2023 04:31 PM

I haven't tried this but it might* work... Make a macro that casts charm, pause for 3 sec, then hide and you might get a clean break and recharm...

Personally, I do it manually like so: I will charm, cast 3 songs, wait a sec, then start recharm on mob. Cancel song if charm still not broken and restart song to try and time it. You start to get a hang of it after a while.

Also for the charming pros out there, get a FT1 item for double mana regen.

ya.dingus 01-24-2023 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saisu (Post 3561748)
From experience, charm duration isn’t exact timing due to server ticks. Just practice outdoors for a bit and you’ll get an intuition/feel for the breaks.

If you have very limited space and it’s critical you don’t get hit I also recommend the cancel/recast of charm - you are then only playing with ~1 second at worst when the mob will run at you. If you don’t already have macros set up, it helps to have a /stopsong, /cast # so you can quickly cycle it and prep to land it right on time.

Once you get in the groove the mob will barely turn to face you by the time your charm lands.

What are you breaking charm with in those situations? gaz or song or?