Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Great Gnome Race to Sandy Claws (/forums/showthread.php?t=411795)

naexus 12-04-2022 09:37 PM

Great Gnome Race to Sandy Claws

1 Attachment(s)
The P99 Green Event Committee is organizing a Great Gnome Race to Sandy Claws!

Please join us for this festive race to bring on the spirit of the holidays to this Everquest server that we all cherish. The event will also be streamed by our famous commentator Level Up Larry! https://www.twitch.tv/leveluplarry

Event : On Sunday, December 18th at 3 PM EST, the Great Race will start in front of Ak'Anon in Steamfont and end at Sandy Claws, by the Permafrost zone in Everfrost. The first 3 gnomes to hail Sandy Claws will get first, second and third prize.

Rules: Gnomes will be level 1, pvp tagged and will not have any items on them (worn or carried). A /who log will be taken in each zone crossed for posterity - do not be anonymous. No sow or buffs or clickies of any kind are permitted. No ports either - boat ride is permitted of course as it is the only means to get across continents.

Prizes

1st Place: 50,000 pp
2nd Place: 25,000 pp
3rd place: 5,000 pp

Spectators

Spectators shall not interfere with this event. Event Staff and CSR are restricted from being attacked. Anyone found attacking a GM or Guide may be banished from the zone without warning. Severe penalties are used only when directly attacking a racer, an event staff or CSR during the race.

Tunabros 12-04-2022 10:57 PM

time to cast sow on every third gnome

goblinmob 12-04-2022 11:31 PM

can gnomes run trains each other n'shit for and event like this?

naexus 12-05-2022 12:44 AM

Spectators shall not interfere with this event.

D13 12-05-2022 02:12 AM

New to the server, so clarification on these types of events:
1) Is the gnome allowed to have coin on him at level 1 and buy from vendors? Seems pretty exploitable to me.
2) Is the gnome allowed to buy and learn level 1 spells before the event?
3) Is the gnome allowed to collect XP before the event so long as he doesn't hit level 2?
4) Is the gnome allowed to collect XP along the way?

I guess it really just boils down to how "fresh" does the level 1 gnome need to be.

naexus 12-05-2022 10:44 AM

/who gnome 1 will be the log command I'll take in every zone. Firepots are off limits. There will be a ton of eyes on the event, including CSR & GMs, and any cheating will be caught and punished harshly. This includes spectator interruptions.

eqravenprince 12-05-2022 11:23 AM

I'm going to try this solo. Not sure if possible with fully spawned zones. I'm not sure I'd make it through HighPass, Runnyeye, Lake Rathe, or Blackburrow.

Reiwa 12-05-2022 11:42 AM

Shouldn't Sandy Claws be in Kerra?

Chortles Snortles 12-05-2022 01:26 PM

can't wait to get suspended for pretending to PK Level Up Larry again
(lol)

eqravenprince 12-05-2022 02:00 PM

The pvp taking place at the docks in butcherblock should be entertaining.