Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   How long do Reimbursments take (/forums/showthread.php?t=409363)

Nibbles 10-18-2022 08:11 PM

How long do Reimbursments take

I handed in items for the soulfire with high kindly faction (This was enough to do all other hand ins) and the guy ate my items.

First, why he just would not reject them outright and give them back is beyond me if faction was not high enough?

Second, how long does it take to get the items back?

TIA

loramin 10-18-2022 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibbles (Post 3521899)
First, why he just would not reject them outright and give them back is beyond me if faction was not high enough?

Because that's how the game worked in 1999. Blame Brad McQuaid ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibbles (Post 3521899)
Second, how long does it take to get the items back?

It will vary, but it can take over half a year if you aren't lucky (source: I've been waiting > 6 months for a reimbursement myself).

Selene 10-18-2022 09:42 PM

i think you shouldn't be aiming for high kindly faction. I went past warmly and got to ally and it worked

Danth 10-18-2022 10:34 PM

Exceptions exist, but on average you can probably re-do the quest faster than the average petition takes. Of course you might get lucky.

Danth

Chortles Snortles 10-18-2022 10:41 PM

apologies, but it sounds like you are not getting a reimbursement :(

Swish 10-18-2022 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danth (Post 3521928)
Exceptions exist, but on average you can probably re-do the quest faster than the average petition takes. Of course you might get lucky.

Danth

This is the truth.

Nibbles 10-19-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selene (Post 3521918)
i think you shouldn't be aiming for high kindly faction. I went past warmly and got to ally and it worked

The only reason I went in with it was because all of the other turn ins worked with faction below what was stated in the wiki. Like I handed in the cloth shirt to the guy in EC with apprehensive and still got the coin. Same with the sword of faith...I did that with amiable.

cd288 10-19-2022 12:28 PM

Do you even get a reimbursement for something like this? I would be surprised if you would. You handed in quest items below the necessary faction. Last I recall they don't reimburse for something like that, but maybe they changed and are more lenient about it.

But as Danth said above, it's probably just faster to re-do the quest. Reimbursements can sometimes take several months since the staff are all unpaid volunteers.

Nibbles 10-19-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3522088)
Do you even get a reimbursement for something like this? I would be surprised if you would. You handed in quest items below the necessary faction. Last I recall they don't reimburse for something like that, but maybe they changed and are more lenient about it.

But as Danth said above, it's probably just faster to re-do the quest. Reimbursements can sometimes take several months since the staff are all unpaid volunteers.

The problem is the factions stated in the wiki are way off.

"Go to North Freeport and find Valeron Dushire on the balcony of the Hall of Truth. If you are not a follower of the Hall of Truth, please ensure you are of max faction with the Knights of Truth."

This is not true. I was kindly and this worked. I thought I was good for the final turn in

Damarous 10-19-2022 02:56 PM

The wiki is not staff run, and they are not responsible for it's content. Therefore the wiki being wrong would not be a reason for them to reimburse you