Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   who ran tmo off red? (/forums/showthread.php?t=394301)

Plague 11-07-2021 08:40 PM

who ran tmo off red?

last time i played tmo was here getting started.

Disease 11-08-2021 10:43 PM

They just got bored and tried other games.

Videri 11-09-2021 12:24 AM

Oh, there's more to it than TMO getting bored. It was so long ago, I can't quite remember the order of events, but...

I remember <TMO> starting up and Tiggles etc saying they would own the server within 6 months, or something like that.

I remember lots of us gave them tons of tips and input on how to PVP, and on how to run a guild on a PVP server, and TMO members ignored almost all of it. They refused to carry pumice, they ran around without /role or /anon, etc. They suffered in PVP for a long time.

I remember being in <Friends> and we ported up to Plane of Hate and laying waste to TMO there. Then we logged off and waited for them to port up and rez. Then we logged in and killed them all again. Then they all logged off. This sort of thing happened over and over until TMO quit Red.

A select few, like Jjlent, adapted and survived. the end

Worry 11-09-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disease (Post 3384879)
They just got bored and tried other games.

This simply isn't true lol

reebz 11-09-2021 10:08 AM

TMO got absolutely shit on, they were a punching bag on this server

Disease 11-09-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worry (Post 3384944)
This simply isn't true lol

We tried to help red and doubled their population over night. Most of the server quit and most of our members did as well. We took a couple loses leveling up gear less. But if we decided to stay a few more months, in my eyes we would've ran the server.

reebz 11-09-2021 11:02 AM

It was a lot of fun sending that extra pop back to blue, you had some real sandbags that stuck around to get fucked for way longer then anyone should have wanted lol

derpcake2 11-09-2021 03:47 PM

TMO offered some really easy kills for 3 weeks.

Chortles Snortles 11-09-2021 07:56 PM

JEREMY GOT BUFF

Tune 11-10-2021 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3384895)
Oh, there's more to it than TMO getting bored. It was so long ago, I can't quite remember the order of events, but...

I remember <TMO> starting up and Tiggles etc saying they would own the server within 6 months, or something like that.

I remember lots of us gave them tons of tips and input on how to PVP, and on how to run a guild on a PVP server, and TMO members ignored almost all of it. They refused to carry pumice, they ran around without /role or /anon, etc. They suffered in PVP for a long time.

I remember being in <Friends> and we ported up to Plane of Hate and laying waste to TMO there. Then we logged off and waited for them to port up and rez. Then we logged in and killed them all again. Then they all logged off. This sort of thing happened over and over until TMO quit Red.

A select few, like Jjlent, adapted and survived. the end

tmo prob the biggest disappointment in a guild ive ever seen

I did not want to be part of the zerg guild at the time (empire) I wanted competition fun pvp / mass pvp. so i joined TMO

I knew they were probably bad at pvp , I kind of expected that. I was ok with it. I thought they were gonna be actually good at PvE tho. I heard they locked down epics for years on blue etc etc

well they absolutely sucked at pve as well lol. they struggled to kill maestro in hate among others

i quit soon after