Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Are caster mobs OP here? (/forums/showthread.php?t=163720)

Wizardling 08-31-2014 01:10 AM

Are caster mobs OP here?

All my melee toons have to avoid casters tougher than blue con, as they'll root me, blast away and remove most of my HPs even before closing to melee range, then if I get out of root, they keep up with me as I strafe run.

I don't recall casters like blue con druids in Western Karana being so grossly no-win-situation OP in classic... but it has been a long time *shrug*

Buriedpast 08-31-2014 02:22 AM

From memory the caster shit wasnt revamped for a while, maybe even into velious.

When they started casting proper level spells.

Casters on live in the earlier days were a joke as a melee. Would just sit there casting stuns and shit, never an ice comet.

kaev 08-31-2014 06:25 AM

Per other threads on this topic, caster mobs are more OP here than they were on live because player resists are currently scaled based on a max of 500 rather than a max of 255. This means mobs close to your level will land more spells and will do more damage on average when you get a partial resist.

Wizardling 08-31-2014 06:48 AM

So what's to be done? Searching on my own, I see the overpowered caster mobs on 1999 has been an issue for a long time.

kaev 08-31-2014 07:31 AM

Hope that Haynar (or another dev) has the time and the inclination to revamp PvE resists. Not certain, but I think that resist revamp is one of their goals for Velious release. Meanwhile, don't fight casters unless you have the means to mitigate their casting or the strength to crush them regardless.

mostbitter 08-31-2014 09:35 AM

i thnk a lot of the mobs here cast innapropriate spells also. I never heard anyone talk about getting ice cometted by frogs in guk or even in seb, I feel like mob spells where capped at level 39 but alas, dat proof

Tuffpuppy 08-31-2014 12:49 PM

The last time I played my Druid a few years ago, I entered Chardok got 1shot by a nice comet by the first mob in the zone. Caster mobs, even through Velious NEVER casted level appropriate spells, and even tho it has been posted on the bugs forum with proof in the past nothing has changed.

Wizardling 08-31-2014 03:26 PM

Well, with any luck something will eventually be done. It seemed unlikely this could be as it was in classic. I mean I died a LOT in classic, don't get me wrong, heh :-D But fights with single blue con casters I attack at full health wasn't something I remember going so consistently badly.

Pity my caster characters don't seem to have the power the caster mobs do ;-)

quido 08-31-2014 03:35 PM

caster mobs are way weaker than they used to be - for a long time they had 10x the mana

hiero would chain cold nukes on you for like 12 minutes before he ran out of mana as it used to be

Wizardling 08-31-2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quido (Post 1598953)
caster mobs are way weaker than they used to be - for a long time they had 10x the mana

hiero would chain cold nukes on you for like 12 minutes before he ran out of mana as it used to be

Ouch! Well, I suppose I ought to be thankful I started playing past that awfulness, ha! :-D