Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Progressive leadership in a nutshell (/forums/showthread.php?t=382591)

indiscriminate_hater 04-13-2021 01:50 PM

Progressive leadership in a nutshell

https://abc7news.com/oakland-reallocates-$10m-to-police-and-fire-departments/10511555/

Quote:

So far this year, Oakland has reported 41 homicides. This time last year there were 13 - that's a 215% increase.

Car robberies have also jumped with 149 cases recorded this year, compared to 57 last year.

Chief Armstrong said robberies are up in every district of the city too. Officers have responded to 340 robberies since January.
Imagine thinking that defunding the police would help society in any way

magnetaress 04-13-2021 01:55 PM

Defunding the police while simultaneously charging civvies for manslaughter/murder2 every time someone gets spicy and stupid is really dumb and fascist. I do not know how to more plainly state this.

We are somewhere between a police state and something else, and we are trying to dance around real punishments for being awful/criminal. While simultaneously virtuesinging about fairness and equality, when we can't even pay a police officers medical bills/transition expenses.

So, um.

Trexller 04-13-2021 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnetaress (Post 3288292)
when we can't even pay a police officers medical bills/Mental Health.

FTFY

Baler 04-13-2021 02:23 PM

It's only going to get more loony.

Cassawary 04-13-2021 02:38 PM

That's a neat statistical framing.

https://i.imgur.com/qvOhGKZ.jpg

magnetaress 04-13-2021 02:57 PM

dont self harm over this

Toxigen 04-13-2021 05:54 PM

I say let the liberal fuckwits defund the cops in these cities and turn their own neighborhoods into literal warzones.

Chicongo here we come.

Baler 04-13-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3288474)
I say let the liberal fuckwits defund the cops in these cities and turn their own neighborhoods into literal warzones.

Chicongo here we come.

The problem is that then they will blame all of America and try to implement more draconian laws nation wide instead of fixing the actual problem.

They don't begin to understand the violence in liberal/democrat primary cities.

Gustoo 04-13-2021 06:36 PM

All these problems are symptoms. Bad systems are symptoms.

The disease is lack of love for one another. Lack of empathy. However you want to put it. Too much apathy. Whether we are tricked or brainwashed or led into positions of isolation and depression to help us be better more miserable workers and shoppers or what, that is what we are.

The only way to have meaningful change is to change yourself, to not curb stomp when the curb stomp is totally justified. You don't have to be successful in loving your shitbag neighbor every time, but every time you do it it helps a little bit and its a lot stronger than any law.

Reminds me of this song

https://youtu.be/Zqe5NP86OCc?t=76

50% of the people you meet on the street are going to be on the other side of the political chasm. 100% of the people you meet on the street would tell you that they just wish everyone would be decent to eachother. Then, they might proceed to hate and berate and degrade the person who is on the other side of the divide, because they're causing all the problems. We all cause the problems for all of us.

Horza 04-13-2021 06:38 PM

I'm just here for the conservative circlejerk.