Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Ladies of EQ, i summon you to a Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=412796)

constelllations 12-28-2022 05:58 PM

Ladies of EQ, i summon you to a Thread

I was talking with a friend of mine recently who also has gamed p heavily as a female, and she said something to the effect of like, "my female-ness and feminine qualities are not appreciated w men gaming and it affected who I was in-game" or something like that. My first reaction was "pff idk is this another one of those ways women like to call for attention that they are, in fact, female in a male-dominated space?" which was my own bias there I guess.

Anyway, it's something I've noticed recently grouping. I like to TALK, and I've noticed dudes don't like to talk as much. My bias too is thinking people who talk are not as skilled or serious about the game, when actually they just enjoy having fun and fucking around more. The social experience and people-ing is a part of my enjoyment of gameplay, and doesn't interfere with my ability to go hard if shit starts going down.

I was noticing this in group today. She was right! I think women tend to be into connective aspects, and just genuinely enjoying the game itself without needing to be The Best Ever and prove themselves like that, even if they are super skillful players also. You know?

Since friend said this I've been noticing it grouping w female players. They like to have fun and build connection. Dudes sometimes seem to lean towards grinding hard and shutting up unless there's something Important to say. It's not universal but something I've had my eye on recently. Anyway, this is not gender discourse more just curious psychology

Thank u for reading my dissertation

Curious if others (ladies) relate to this in any capacity

Encroaching Death 12-28-2022 06:05 PM

I'm a woman.

Yes, we fart.

Twacked 12-28-2022 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encroaching Death (Post 3549745)
I'm a woman.

Yes, we fart.

But do you enjoy the smell? 🤔

Encroaching Death 12-28-2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twacked (Post 3549771)
But do you enjoy the smell? 🤔

Absolutely

Reiwa 12-28-2022 10:28 PM

Why is Thread capsed?

Encroaching Death 12-29-2022 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reiwa (Post 3549802)
Why is Thread capsed?

Thread is a pronoun.

This thread is a living, breathing being. So we say Thread, instead of thread. Even though I said thread earlier. We all make mistakes simetimes, I'm trying my best to be accomadting (look at all these mistakes) to Thread.

Hi, Thread!

Toxigen 12-29-2022 10:17 AM

hm yeah and we wonder why theres a gender pay gap

cd288 12-29-2022 11:22 AM

Who is gonna tell him that the female characters in his group are being played by dudes

Encroaching Death 12-29-2022 11:28 AM

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/a0R4MLd_460s.jpg

unsunghero 12-29-2022 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3549893)
Who is gonna tell him that the female characters in his group are being played by dudes

Lol was thinking the same thing