Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Pickpocketing Crushbone (/forums/showthread.php?t=405558)

Isilmaeth 07-14-2022 06:29 PM

Pickpocketing Crushbone

Hello I am new to rogue and was just curious if I could pickpocket crushbone belts/shoulders or if those items count as equipped by the mobs they drop from.

Thanks in advance :)

Tethler 07-16-2022 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isilmaeth (Post 3481034)
Hello I am new to rogue and was just curious if I could pickpocket crushbone belts/shoulders or if those items count as equipped by the mobs they drop from.

Thanks in advance :)

I'm pretty sure anything can be pickpocketed as long as it doesn't have the "MAGIC" item tag. Neither of those items are listed as magic on the wiki, so they should be pickpocketable.

caveslug 07-16-2022 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tethler (Post 3481484)
I'm pretty sure anything can be pickpocketed as long as it doesn't have the "MAGIC" item tag. Neither of those items are listed as magic on the wiki, so they should be pickpocketable.

Equipped items can't be looted either, and I would think belts and shoulder pads would be considered equipped.

Isilmaeth 07-17-2022 09:35 PM

Cool I tried for hours just to see if I could! Only because someone booted me from party thinking I was stealing the belts during combat!

caveslug 07-18-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isilmaeth (Post 3482066)
Cool I tried for hours just to see if I could! Only because someone booted me from party thinking I was stealing the belts during combat!

I think it's generally bad form to pickpocket in a group.

Isilmaeth 07-18-2022 09:44 PM

I was not pickpocketing while grouped. I was testing it after to see if it was possible or not.

7thGate 07-18-2022 11:19 PM

I am also pretty sure you can't pickpocket items off mobs that are under level 20 (presumably) due to a bug.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../npc.cpp#L1855

To steal an item, steal_skill has to be over steal_chance. But steal_chance is just steal_skill multiplied by 100 / (NPC's Level * 5 + 5). If the NPC is over level 19, steal_chance will be multiplied by a number greater than 1, otherwise a lower one, so you can't steal items off NPCs under level 20.

I believe I tested this some to see if it was fixed here and came to the conclusion that it was probably not, but honestly I have no idea what that code is supposed to be doing. There are not a lot of NPCs under level 20 with things you might want to pickpocket anyway.

Swish 08-02-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveslug (Post 3482353)
I think it's generally bad form to pickpocket in a group.

I think it's okay if you're not looting corpses on the ground as well, or pickpocket every few mobs.