Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Poisons Guide!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=417266)

Robersonroger38 04-02-2023 07:16 AM

Poisons Guide!!

Does anyone remember the poison guide Cecily had on the wiki, Some genius done went and messed up the guide on the wiki……

Think Cecily guide you could buy all mats from the few venders , and not have to go on a egg hunt doin some the ones that’s on there now.

Any info is appreciated!!

Cecily 04-02-2023 10:21 AM

Yeah they didn't mess it up too badly. Ignore the thrifty stuff and most of it is what I wrote.
1) Gindlin Toxfodder -- West Karana (-3000, -13400), See him for Spine Break, Athropic Sap, and Aching Blood.
2) Ennixy Frennor -- Steamfont Mountains (1380, -830) : See her for Calcium Rot and some fun Bertoxx assassin roleplay guides. Sells King's Thorn. Does not sell Mortar and Pestle, Sealed Poison Vials, and Constrict Suspensions. Bring those with you.
3) Brak Daggermist -- Firiona Vie (-3600, 2300) : See him for Spirit of Sloth. Sells all ingredients.

Using this guide to get 250 skill should cost you about 6k if I remember correctly. The primary stat for Make Poison is Dexterity or the higher of Int/Wis if you're a gifted sort. In general, I recommend selling back the poisons. Apply Poison needs to be about 100 skill for reliable applies. Either train Apply Poison with the cheaper poisons or use practice points. Spine Break is honestly really good. It's just that poison sucks to carry to around. Good luck!

Cecily 04-02-2023 10:52 AM

Here's the original

https://i.imgur.com/rjWIEGy.png

Toxigen 04-02-2023 12:10 PM

how bad is the aggro after they adjusted all that stuff?

i can honestly say ive never read the poison making wiki page, interesting

Cecily 04-02-2023 12:41 PM

That's a really good question. It's probably not too bad now. Mana sieve poison has been my I'm gonna get around to trying that thing for over a year now.

Robersonroger38 04-02-2023 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 3597313)
Yeah they didn't mess it up too badly. Ignore the thrifty stuff and most of it is what I wrote.
1) Gindlin Toxfodder -- West Karana (-3000, -13400), See him for Spine Break, Athropic Sap, and Aching Blood.
2) Ennixy Frennor -- Steamfont Mountains (1380, -830) : See her for Calcium Rot and some fun Bertoxx assassin roleplay guides. Sells King's Thorn. Does not sell Mortar and Pestle, Sealed Poison Vials, and Constrict Suspensions. Bring those with you.
3) Brak Daggermist -- Firiona Vie (-3600, 2300) : See him for Spirit of Sloth. Sells all ingredients.

Using this guide to get 250 skill should cost you about 6k if I remember correctly. The primary stat for Make Poison is Dexterity or the higher of Int/Wis if you're a gifted sort. In general, I recommend selling back the poisons. Apply Poison needs to be about 100 skill for reliable applies. Either train Apply Poison with the cheaper poisons or use practice points. Spine Break is honestly really good. It's just that poison sucks to carry to around. Good luck!

Thanks Aton!!

7thGate 04-03-2023 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecily (Post 3597351)
That's a really good question. It's probably not too bad now. Mana sieve poison has been my I'm gonna get around to trying that thing for over a year now.

Spine break is really good. I've been trying to find useful uses for various poisons for a while now, I should update the poisons page with stuff I've been able to do.

Mana sieve can work if you don't have enchanters, I've seived out Karkona before with it. The fact it can resist though just makes it so much easier to get an enchanter unless you're trying for a specific low man.

Blinding Poison III has been my experimental thing recently. Its a pain in the ass to make since it needs burned out lightstones, but blind is one of the only crowd control conditions that doesn't have an immunity ability, so anything in the game that doesn't have good enough poison resists can be blinded.

So far, I've verified I can't land on Sonatalak, I can't land on CT, can land on Dain Frostreaver, can land on flurry drakes. Have verified blinded summoning mobs do not summon while fear pathing. Need to verify behavior on rooted mobs and people in melee who are not top of aggro list.

Saved a raid from wiping once on a flurry, where the tanks went down and I blinded+nimbled it away to give the rest of the raid a chance to camp out, but I haven't been able to find a good raid use otherwise yet. I thought maybe it could be used to goaltend Vulak guards, but kiting them is just better probably. Blinding Dain would probably be decent except most uses probably count as a stall.

I probably should figure out the aggro post changes too, since its probably worth sticking a 550 DD on before engage if its low and if its high its still useful for initial snap aggro to bump for warriors to build totem charges and stuff like that if there isn't a ranger with disc up.

svelto 04-04-2023 09:32 AM

This thread is making me want to invest in trying this out. I am never in a position where I'm rolling in plat, but this might be fun.

Cecily 04-04-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thGate (Post 3597738)
Spine break is really good. I've been trying to find useful uses for various poisons for a while now, I should update the poisons page with stuff I've been able to do.

Mana sieve can work if you don't have enchanters, I've seived out Karkona before with it. The fact it can resist though just makes it so much easier to get an enchanter unless you're trying for a specific low man.

Blinding Poison III has been my experimental thing recently. Its a pain in the ass to make since it needs burned out lightstones, but blind is one of the only crowd control conditions that doesn't have an immunity ability, so anything in the game that doesn't have good enough poison resists can be blinded.

So far, I've verified I can't land on Sonatalak, I can't land on CT, can land on Dain Frostreaver, can land on flurry drakes. Have verified blinded summoning mobs do not summon while fear pathing. Need to verify behavior on rooted mobs and people in melee who are not top of aggro list.

Saved a raid from wiping once on a flurry, where the tanks went down and I blinded+nimbled it away to give the rest of the raid a chance to camp out, but I haven't been able to find a good raid use otherwise yet. I thought maybe it could be used to goaltend Vulak guards, but kiting them is just better probably. Blinding Dain would probably be decent except most uses probably count as a stall.

I probably should figure out the aggro post changes too, since its probably worth sticking a 550 DD on before engage if its low and if its high its still useful for initial snap aggro to bump for warriors to build totem charges and stuff like that if there isn't a ranger with disc up.

Amazingly informative post. Thank you.

jolanar 04-04-2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svelto (Post 3598112)
This thread is making me want to invest in trying this out. I am never in a position where I'm rolling in plat, but this might be fun.

One of the fun parts about poisons is that it turns otherwise junk loot into fun.

Some of the most fun I have had here is running around collecting random drops to make poisons. Collecting zombie skins to make my own vials. Working on Pottery.

Granted, it's all ultimately a waste of time when 99.95% of the time Spine Break from vendor bought items is all you need. But it sure is a fun waste of time. :D