Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Overpopulated (/forums/showthread.php?t=354366)

Albane 04-05-2020 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3106499)
OP: "Green is overpopulated, I don't even want to log in"

Swish: "Want to come over to red pal? There's room for more"

OP: "LOL why would I do that? The population isn't high enough"

....picky bunch, aren't you? :/

They could always reset red and launch it anew.

Christina. 04-05-2020 02:02 AM

What were u guys doing when there wasn't a green server ?

Go play blue or log into RED. Good Lord.

Evia 04-05-2020 08:02 AM

Did someone say teal?!

Jerri 04-05-2020 08:12 AM

Bring out new content, open plane of hate early :)

Indecisive 04-05-2020 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 3106499)
OP: "Green is overpopulated, I don't even want to log in"

Swish: "Want to come over to red pal? There's room for more"

OP: "LOL why would I do that? The population isn't high enough"

....picky bunch, aren't you? :/

I feel like there's a happy medium somewhere between the thousand+ of Green, and all six players on Red.

Picked 04-05-2020 10:17 AM

The over crowding seems worse because of the Coronavirus, and everyone getting stay at home orders. Once people have to go back to work the population on the server will go down a lot. Look at it this way, if anything this has reinvigorated some people to come back and play that weren't playing before. So while it increased the population, it will still go back to being somewhat normal once the stay at home orders are lifted and people get back to work.

Personally I like all the people on, server feels full, vibrant, and lots to do. I can't seem to find a place to plop down and exp like I want but that's a small price to pay for a healthy server and lots of grouping going on. I just go LFG and get group and go about my way.

And yes the servers were more packed than this on live. I remember my server having anywhere from 1700-2500 people on it on live. It just seems more packed because back then people were wandering around learning things, exploring and doing something entirely new. Now they know what's out there and they log in with a specific purpose, which is grouping/camping items and getting exp. More camps are taken up with a smaller population. Just have to deal with it and either play an alt when you can't find what you want open or try and find something else to do.

Christina. 04-05-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Picked (Post 3106704)

And yes the servers were more packed than this on live. I remember my server having anywhere from 1700-2500 people on it on live. It just seems more packed because back then people were wandering around learning things, exploring and doing something entirely new. Now they know what's out there and they log in with a specific purpose

Yep.

Nomadic Plainswalker 04-05-2020 11:42 AM

Comments like these make me wonder if anyone actually played Classic back in the day.

Christina. 04-05-2020 12:29 PM

They won't log into RED cause their isn't enough players BUT dont want to play green cause there's too many players.. someone help me cause I'm confused lol.

Anyone else confused?

Dolalin 04-05-2020 12:37 PM

Vanilla EQ was designed for 2k concurrent players, per Brad.

Green is underpopulated.