Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Overpopulated (/forums/showthread.php?t=354366)

fastboy21 04-11-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arvan (Post 3108818)
Wrong. The servers just werent top heavy like these emu boxes are.

Game knowledge has changed everything.

Well that proves it.

magnetaress 04-11-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnetaress (Post 3110240)
Now, sorry so much for this double post, but...

The real question, isn't can "I play EQ without a manastone".

The real question is: R U REDY FOR THIS????

Can I play EQ without jboots???

yes its pretty easy if u r pretty gud and aren't really challenged in certain very special extremerly partakular ways

technically this is a tripple post

knucklehead 04-11-2020 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenderizer (Post 3106817)
if everyone is wearing a gold watch there really isnt a reason to have a gold watch.

Of course you could use that watch to tell the time. Maybe not use it as a status symbol.

But that kinda gets to the heart of the argument. Precious pixels for the gatekeepers to maintain status in a game where gear brings you 90%+ of the way to "great."

Or maybe you all don't want that secret out. You're not good, just have an abundance of time. LOL

magnetaress 04-11-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knucklehead (Post 3110275)
Of course you could use that watch to tell the time. Maybe not use it as a status symbol.

But that kinda gets to the heart of the argument. Precious pixels for the gatekeepers to maintain status in a game where gear brings you 90%+ of the way to "great."

Or maybe you all don't want that secret out. You're not good, just have an abundance of time. LOL

I have so much time, that rather then cry about it, I tab over to red and do a quad on my gnolls when someone steamrolls through my camp on blue, and IDGAF. Totally 100% disabled mentally ill pixel addicted (to lightstones) not manastones.

That is the difference between u n me.

See I was like you once, kid, lol, hahahahahahaha bhwahahahaha

fuck xude prayin 4u

cd288 04-12-2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PabloEdvardo (Post 3106327)
Green is severely overpopulated.

The ZEM changes along with COVID has caused not only an increase in active players, but an increase in players spreading across zones.

This means whereas before some outdoors zones were still viable, due to them being "worse xp", now people are continuing to crowd the dungeon zones, but they are crowding the outdoor zones, as well.

This is the same situation that lead to the creation of Teal in the first place, except now we have many players who have been playing here for months, and they can't find anything to do.

What can we do?

New server? Increase spawn rate?

because right now, the server does not "feel classic", and players are disincentivized from even logging in.

Yo did anyone call the waaaambulance for this guy or should I?

Green is awesome btw. Having a ton of fun and no issue finding things to EXP on (except maybe a little bit after 45).

cd288 04-12-2020 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azxten (Post 3106800)
Rules are what is wrong with P99. No GM was going to save you in classic EQ because you petitioned someone for KSing.

This is just completely false

magnetaress 04-12-2020 01:21 AM

i atually had a gm come to qeynos aquaducts and do the whole dispute thing over the smugglers down there on bertox on live on my lvl 15 pally soooo ymmv

Jimjam 04-12-2020 04:03 AM

I got the impression GMs only seemed to be online during social hours for Americans. There were volunteer guides active in broader time zones, but it was common to hear ‘wait until a gm gets on’z

Thrombosis 04-12-2020 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3110399)
I got the impression GMs only seemed to be online during social hours for Americans. There were volunteer guides active in broader time zones, but it was common to hear ‘wait until a gm gets on’z

My impression also. Even after Antonius Bayle opened I don't think I ever saw a GM in euro-prime time.

Christina. 04-12-2020 08:53 AM

I played here to see what all this talk was about and it is not overpopulated. I had a blast