Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yearly - Can we reset the sleeper (/forums/showthread.php?t=265316)

Kruel 02-10-2017 09:47 AM

Yearly - Can we reset the sleeper

I know, I know this has been discussed over and over. Over a year ago a group of people (mostly whom do not play anymore) decided they were going to ruin the end game raid scene by waking up the sleeper. This leaves the new people to the server and new people to the raid scene without being able to see and experience something that they always use to hear about (sleepers tomb raids).

I would like to propose: Can we yearly have a sleepers reset? There are allot of pros and cons to this but I feel it would be in the best interest of the server. It would give allot of us that hope and drive to make it to end game.

I know this has been discussed allot but if the community gets behind it, maybe the GMs will take a better look at this option.

Liia 02-10-2017 09:53 AM

They should also add a variance to it!

ZiggyTheMuss 02-10-2017 09:57 AM

Not that I would be there to kill it, but I vote yes.

Swish 02-10-2017 10:06 AM

http://i.imgur.com/spBZKhz.gif

fadetree 02-10-2017 10:06 AM

I'd be fine with that.

kotton05 02-10-2017 10:07 AM

I know of a few friends who refused to play here due to sleeper being woken.

I'm not for or against. I stand in a middle ground. While it would be cool I don't predict it to ever be back.

Rygar 02-10-2017 10:21 AM

I'm appalled that they woke it on a locked server and soooo early into the expansion, but a part of the appeal of sleeper's tomb is it is a 'one time deal'. Warders would have left some more raid mobs on the table, but it is what it is.

Speaks a lot to human psychology when people blatantly do something to 'see the tears of butthurt nerds'.

I don't think sleeper should be reset, there were only a few rare cases on live where this happened. If P99 did it, two things would happen:

1) It would be a #notClassic rallying cry in ever freaking post for custom content and people would slam the devs for it ("What, they can reset the sleeper but can't do this?! lame").

2) Some group of toxic players would unleash the sleeper in 3-6 months times anyways (perhaps as a threat to let them have a spot in rotation, revenge, guild dispute, drama, etc)

Rheaume 02-10-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygar (Post 2465118)
2) Some group of toxic players would unleash the sleeper in 3-6 hours anyway

In my opinion

Swish 02-10-2017 10:29 AM

The way things stand at the moment I think either of the top guilds would want to scalp the Sleeper straight away if it was reset just to spite the other one (and the rest of the server).

Freakish 02-10-2017 10:31 AM

You're asking for one to two spawns before the raid guilds start bickering and hold waking the sleeper as a hostage. Give us a free vulak or ventani dies. It sounds nice but both servers have killed the Warders with no contest in zone. We simply don't share our toys.