Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Red -> Blue one way transfer? (/forums/showthread.php?t=404623)

Secrets 06-21-2022 10:06 AM

Red -> Blue one way transfer?

Serious question, btw.

On EQLive, they allowed in-era one way transfers from PVP servers to blue servers. This meant that there is precedent to do this. This would not include Blue -> Red transfers, as in the original vision, that was not something that was acceptable (level up in blue, transfer to a red server risk-free was considered out of scope.)

I have a 55 epic'd rogue I'd actually love to play again - even if on blue - but unfortunately, it's stuck on Red which has very little chance of ever seeing activity again.

Is that something the P99 staff would entertain at some point in the future? Given that the idea is technically within The Vision, I figured I would ask.

<3,
Secrets

DRAGONBAIT 06-21-2022 10:35 AM

Tell them to make a new pvp server

PlsNoBan 06-21-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Secrets (Post 3472319)
Serious question, btw.

On EQLive, they allowed in-era one way transfers from PVP servers to blue servers. This meant that there is precedent to do this. This would not include Blue -> Red transfers, as in the original vision, that was not something that was acceptable (level up in blue, transfer to a red server risk-free was considered out of scope.)

I have a 55 epic'd rogue I'd actually love to play again - even if on blue - but unfortunately, it's stuck on Red which has very little chance of ever seeing activity again.

Is that something the P99 staff would entertain at some point in the future? Given that the idea is technically within The Vision, I figured I would ask.

<3,
Secrets

This would be cool. I think I still have my 50 something wizard on Red collecting dust. I see no reason not to do this. Red is kind of a lost cause in it's current state unfortunately so why not?

Edit: The only good argument I can see against this is taking up staff time in processing transfers. But I imagine most of this could be automated/scripted without too much hassle?

funnland 06-21-2022 01:53 PM

I'm curious how much the Red server actually costs to keep running? Considering the small population, not much (apparently Red runs on VMs as opposed to Blue/Green).

But unless Roegan decides to try and reduce costs (recession is coming!), I don't see the motivation to do this. More than likely, something like this comes in in the form of dumping every Red character on Blue, and shutting down the server.

Gustoo 06-21-2022 02:38 PM

I think a red to blue voluntary transfer would be rational, as it is a classic occurance.

But I think if the staff put a nail in the coffin by saying “never a new pvp server” some more people might play red 1.0 for shits and giggles, though it would never be healthy again it might get some activity.

Im in favor of it. I wouldnt transfer gustoo but maybe a couple other characters that I’ll never play on red.

Even better would be a red 2 announce which would make red 1 pop happy right away because 1 they get to progression again, and 2, eventually all their pixels on red 1 get merged with 2 and they can have more players to interact with.

I’m in favor of p99 team doing -anything- about red even if it’s to provide an escape chute for retired players to join the living world.

I wouldnt take it though.

Allishia 06-21-2022 03:49 PM

That's a really good idea, I'm sure people would love to get to use their 60 red toons etc instead of them just rotting away on a dead server /nod

starkind 06-21-2022 04:06 PM

Great idea.

circlerogue 06-21-2022 05:58 PM

Make it a one time thing like they did when Teal broke off from Green. Give everyone a date when they need to decide and make that decision final.

Old_PVP 06-22-2022 12:14 PM

Would be cool. Any type of update would be nice. Staff won’t do it though cause they hate red folk. I’ve officially given up hope.

Kavious 06-22-2022 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlsNoBan (Post 3472336)
Edit: The only good argument I can see against this is taking up staff time in processing transfers. But I imagine most of this could be automated/scripted without too much hassle?

This was already done when they did Green to Teal transfers and they setup an in-game command for a one way transfer. It was smooth and seamless, could immediately login to the new server after using the command