Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Bard Swarm (/forums/showthread.php?t=430317)

nvidor 04-04-2024 08:55 AM

Bard Swarm

Hello all I know a ton will not agree with me and that's fine. But, lets talk about how the bard swarm nerf in DN did not nerf bards. But, instead you have nerfed the entire player base.

What do I mean by this and how did I come to this conclusion?

Let's talk about that..... Velks.... When you removed the swarming of DN causing mobs to summon you actually destroyed another zone in the process. The only other alternative is for bards to swarm Velks. One of the games most bad pathing zones is now a bards paradise and highly disrupts the entire front half of the zone.

Why was this fair to the legit players trying to group up or solo to level in a zone that should be swarm free. Why should the innocents who are trying to legit level in a zone have to leave said zone to avoid 1000 trains just so people can power level. Quite disappointed with the outcome velks has had to endure. Quite disappointed for the innocents who are just trying to level.

some will say petition rat on them and I agree. But, how many times must we have to report for zone disruption before something is finally done about it?

cd288 04-04-2024 09:38 AM

Personally I just think the rule should be Bards can't swarm in any "dungeon" zone. Solves the problem completely.

Toxigen 04-04-2024 10:01 AM

nah op you're 100% right

its insane this is allowed in velk

Ennewi 04-04-2024 11:15 AM

A custom change that would retain the classic feel and cut down on petitions...

The highest level phase spiders spawn farther in the zone, meaning beyond a certain point only those summon, with the benefit of offering more xp and perhaps higher droprates. But also include a rare chance for a higher level spider to spawn near the zone-in, just to keep bards on their toes.

Toxigen 04-04-2024 01:19 PM

or just make spiders in velk summon

fuck PLing bards

Ennewi 04-04-2024 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3680812)
fuck PL

Agreed!

enjchanter 04-04-2024 03:18 PM

i made so much plat selling swarms

Sizar 04-04-2024 04:30 PM

You can "legit level" in DN instead if you want..try it out. And no i'm not a swarming bard

WarpathEQ 04-04-2024 05:20 PM

Why should you be handed a camp that is clearly already camped?

What are you doing hanging out by the zone in when that whole area is already being swarmed?

Why are you even in Velks in the first place?

I don't share the same concerns with a bard swarm kiting there because there is really no reason that it would be an issue. Anything in velks worth camping is away from the area a swarming bard would be pulling from, swarming, ect.

I would advise not standing in the bard's swarm path uselessly staring at them killing mobs (this applies to every zone not just velks) while crying about how you can only get exp if you get good. These servers aren't exactly crowded there are plenty of places you can go to exp free from interruption.

PatChapp 04-04-2024 05:27 PM

Just pull out of their swarms, let the bard pull for you