Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Green VS Blue Forums/Trade (/forums/showthread.php?t=416050)

FaeSeeker 03-04-2023 12:31 AM

Green VS Blue Forums/Trade

I have a question, why are the Blue Forums so much busier than the Green Forums?

As I’m typing this there’s 20+ people viewing Blue Trade hub, versus 3 people looking at Green Trade Hub..

But Green always has 400+ more people online playing compared to Blue..

magnetaress 03-04-2023 01:11 AM

blue is older and green has more zoomers who use discord to trade

also greens trade scene was earily ded its mostly ppl just posting offline/on discord and only logging in to do the dede, much more tinder/grindr like than it is classic/vanilla

blue ppl are keeping the spirit alive and its how they've always done it so why change a good thing that works fine? also, more ppl are probably making actual in game plat deals on blue out of respect for the game and staff :p

while green has a more shady swashbuckler aspect i am beginning to believe :doesn't point finger guns at anyone just sorta randomly waves them around towards certain guilds and or ppl in them:

Swish 03-04-2023 01:18 AM

Blue's tunnel fat cats are deeper immersed.

Green server might be ending/merging this year.

jolanar 03-09-2023 09:41 AM

I would guess a good number of people have a trader logged into Blue while they play on Green.

Trelaboon 03-18-2023 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaeSeeker (Post 3583795)
I have a question, why are the Blue Forums so much busier than the Green Forums?

As I’m typing this there’s 20+ people viewing Blue Trade hub, versus 3 people looking at Green Trade Hub..

But Green always has 400+ more people online playing compared to Blue..

I just started my first character on green. I’m level 23, and for every 20 or 30 characters I see in banded, I see maybe one twink. While there’s way more people on green, those extra 400+ active players don’t have much to sell. Blue on the other hand has had almost 14 years to acquire and sell loot, versus the 4 years Green has had.

The players on green are also a lot more likely to be new players who don’t know about or use the forums.