Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Friday, December 23rd, 2022 (/forums/showthread.php?t=412540)

long.liam 12-30-2022 09:35 PM

I personally tested the hate generation with my brother and we found that the Hate generated for the SPAs scales with HP. I believe it's roughly MOB HP/15 up to a CAP of 1200 for Spells and 400 for procs per element. Stuns have the 1200 or 400 capped plus any dmg done. Flash of Light has two SPAs, AC debuff, plus blind which should be 2400 hate on a 18,000+ HP Mob. Need to do more testing when I have time. Wess was generating about 1200 Hate on the high HP mob. Lines up with my theory because the Blinding Poison III has 3 effects, Blind, AC Debuff, and 4 Poison counters.

ScruffMacBuff 12-31-2022 02:01 AM

That's interesting, but if your tests are correct then why are people reporting less aggro instead of more?

long.liam 12-31-2022 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff (Post 3550697)
That's interesting, but if your tests are correct then why are people reporting less aggro instead of more?

That depends on what people you are speaking of. If you're talking about the warriors tanking mobs in NTOV, then most likely it's a proc hate reduction. I don't know what the hate generation was on NTOV weapons, like the trident and all that stuff, but I would assume a lot of the weapons hate was nerfed. No idea if this was classic or not or not correct. My warrior is only 52 and he only has Frostbringer, Infestation, and WESS. I care less about it too. In case of SKs and Paladins complaining, I suspect that's a case of players trying to pull hate off of low HP mobs. Lower HP = Lower hate per spell cast. MY brother's druid could rip a Mistmoore low level NPC off of my paladin while he was powerleveling her. We tried this again with the Paineel Skelly guards in the Newbie area: Guard Heridion and Guard Menbuknar both of which are level 10 Guards with 18,000 HP. My brother's druid was easily able to rip these 2 mobs off of my paladin and hold aggro quite well. I parse the hate generation for Flamelick to rougly 1200 Hate. The aggro cap.

random_noob 01-01-2023 04:02 AM

Looks like the patch fixed my random numerous nightly kicks to desktop! It's been two playing sessions where it hasn't happened ... so thank you!

Jimjam 01-01-2023 09:35 AM

Root vs 40-50 mobs is making big aggro even on resist. Before you coukd throw a root at the start of the fight inconsequentially but now if you get a resist/early break the mob beelines at you.

Stun seems less aggro than before. Was able to chain stun on a wizard without having to worry about aggro when i stopped.

long.liam 01-01-2023 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3550967)
Root vs 40-50 mobs is making big aggro even on resist. Before you coukd throw a root at the start of the fight inconsequentially but now if you get a resist/early break the mob beelines at you.

Stun seems less aggro than before. Was able to chain stun on a wizard without having to worry about aggro when i stopped.

Are you accounting for the Initial Aggro bonus? The 1st player to aggro an NPC gets a hate bonus.

What type of Mobs were you casting stuns on? What is there Total HP? Who was tanking? A paladin? A SK? Warrior? How long into the fight did you wait until casting stuns? Are you accounting for the Melee range bonus?

Philistine 01-02-2023 04:07 AM

Double loot has been super fun. Thank you!

Jimjam 01-02-2023 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by long.liam (Post 3551124)
Are you accounting for the Initial Aggro bonus? The 1st player to aggro an NPC gets a hate bonus.

What type of Mobs were you casting stuns on? What is there Total HP? Who was tanking? A paladin? A SK? Warrior? How long into the fight did you wait until casting stuns? Are you accounting for the Melee range bonus?

Monk puller, war tank. Lcy, hands, body guards, knights in kc. Stuns spammed on adds while enc was dealing with pet breaks or on hardest hitting mobs while melee meleed - didn’t take aggro.

Root resist from outside melee range after at least 2-3 rounds of swings would draw aggro.

long.liam 01-02-2023 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3551177)
Monk puller, war tank. Lcy, hands, body guards, knights in kc. Stuns spammed on adds while enc was dealing with pet breaks or on hardest hitting mobs while melee meleed - didn’t take aggro.

Root resist from outside melee range after at least 2-3 rounds of swings would draw aggro.

Yea I tested Root hate with my brother, it seems to be producing the same amount of hate as the other non damaging SPAs: blind, ac debuff, snare etc. I don't think this is correct. I believe Root and Heal over time spells should be 10 hate.

Vsai 01-16-2023 06:52 PM

Rogean: Bards are now capped at 140 aggro per song/spell/proc in all circumstances.

I have been waiting for the above change since the clickie/aggro nerfs research was accepted. The issue is the numbers don't appear to align with the accepted research.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39819

"Non-damaging detrimental bard song hate seems to be capped 40 on level 20+ NPCs."
"The bard cap of 40 also applies to clickable items."

Was that a typo in the patch notes? Or is there new source material we need to look at?