Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New p99 server (/forums/showthread.php?t=412985)

OuterChimp 01-03-2023 02:31 PM

#Teal4Life

Sadre Spinegnawer 01-03-2023 06:09 PM

Strong Azure. 0057B7.

Sadre Spinegnawer 01-03-2023 06:29 PM

It might be time to re-think game mechanics. Macros and even plain clicking make the game pretty cerebral, and not very physical. No one wants to wear goggles b/c that's pointless.

As you know, pereant incantatores -- let the enchanters suffer. Point 1. Point 2. This game needs stamina reimplemented. Point 3. Autorun and constant run speeds are weak game design.

If it produces variable current, it can be fed into the game. Need that mana regen to actually work? The enchanter better peddle faster. Want to proc? Be able to make the parse? Hold aggro? Peddle. You want to play a kite class? Get to peddlin'.

All 3 points, solved.

The new gaming platform:
https://gagadget.com/en/204425-acer-...charge-laptop/

Sadre Spinegnawer 01-03-2023 06:34 PM

Just realized. To avoid cheating, device would need a "user foot lock" feature, to make sure you don't rig up your Chevy to dominate all. Can do a simple galvanic low-voltage contact wire up each thigh from the pedals. Attach the wires to the guild members genitals. Then you can third-party a feedback system for RL's. "Why no cure!!!" "AGHHAA MY GOd SORY INC"

WokeCat 01-06-2023 04:03 PM

Sullon Zek was one of the richest MMO experiences I've ever had. It felt like a horror survival game because of the fact that there was no level limits, meaning that a level 60 could kill a level 4 player. I played a Rogue, and I used hide/sneak to traverse around the game as I constantly mashed /who to make sure no one was is in the same zone. I felt like I was constantly being hunted by players 20 levels higher than, but also you would have those rare moments when a high level player from your own faction showed up and started massacre'ing your enemies, and it felt amazing.

I ultimately quit playing because I was going through ShadowHaven after taking platinum out of the bank to buy an item in the Bazaar. When I got in the Bazaar it said I had no platinum. I looked at the log and realized a Rogue had pick pocketed thousands of platinum off of me in a single swipe moments after I withdrew my coin from the ShadowHaven bank.

Was such an intense game.

aussenseiter 01-06-2023 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WokeCat (Post 3552997)
Sullon Zek was one of the richest MMO experiences I've ever had. It felt like a horror survival game because of the fact that there was no level limits, meaning that a level 60 could kill a level 4 player. I played a Rogue, and I used hide/sneak to traverse around the game as I constantly mashed /who to make sure no one was is in the same zone. I felt like I was constantly being hunted by players 20 levels higher than, but also you would have those rare moments when a high level player from your own faction showed up and started massacre'ing your enemies, and it felt amazing.

I ultimately quit playing because I was going through ShadowHaven after taking platinum out of the bank to buy an item in the Bazaar. When I got in the Bazaar it said I had no platinum. I looked at the log and realized a Rogue had pick pocketed thousands of platinum off of me in a single swipe moments after I withdrew my coin from the ShadowHaven bank.

Was such an intense game.

The bazaar has two banks tho?

WokeCat 01-06-2023 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussenseiter (Post 3553015)
The bazaar has two banks tho?

It may ? I was leveling in Paludal caverns at the time, and may have just made a stupid mistake. I was a teenager, and my game knowledge wasn't super high at the time. It really did happen though. Pick pocket was crazy OP on that server.

Prismaticshop 01-08-2023 09:24 PM

Something new must come to p99

Both pve servers have finished their timelines

Red is dead

long.liam 01-09-2023 05:19 AM

Voted Bush/Towerz. Mostly because I just don't care.

magnetaress 01-09-2023 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prismaticshop (Post 3553986)

Red is dead

Only in the pathetic and in shambles hearts and minds of bluebies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prismaticshop (Post 3553986)
Something new must come to p99 - servers have finished their timelines

Yes

Red 2.0 imho

Locked in kunark. With a few custom zones from velious. No skyshrine. Melee binds only for all. And if you Linkdeath or zone plug you're sent to bind.