Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Malicious freeport bind affinity attacks (/forums/showthread.php?t=372464)

Cen 11-24-2020 11:48 AM

Malicious freeport bind affinity attacks

Bind affinity casts through walls but the range is short
You can also start the cast before the group forms so if you manage to get the invite, you can accept it right before the spell hits so they won't be able to decline fast enough unless they are ready and prepared for it.

If you have any more tips or tricks to "unbind" people from firepots post here :D

Okay I haven't actually done this to anyone but I'm waiting for other braver people's stories

Nuggie 11-24-2020 12:20 PM

Sounds like a good way to get banned.

DoodyLich666 11-24-2020 12:30 PM

Green pvp

Castle2.0 11-24-2020 12:49 PM

This could be one way someone could permaquit in a blaze of glory by mildly inconveniencing someone for 24 hours before GMs revert their bind point *shrug*

Cen 11-24-2020 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castle2.0 (Post 3217379)
This could be one way someone could permaquit in a blaze of glory by mildly inconveniencing someone for 24 hours before GMs revert their bind point *shrug*

I don't know if they would ban someone for that, but I'm 99.9 percent sure the bind won't be reverted

Exard3k 11-24-2020 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cen (Post 3217325)
Bind affinity casts through walls but the range is short
You can also start the cast before the group forms so if you manage to get the invite, you can accept it right before the spell hits so they won't be able to decline fast enough unless they are ready and prepared for it.

If you have any more tips or tricks to "unbind" people from firepots post here :D

Once the Kunark group spells get more common among people, you can team up with some lvl 7 in EC and ask for buffs. You should get an Enchanter or Shaman to apply group buffs. lowbie then invites you and enc/shaman is bound in EC.

Or ask in EC for Cleric to rez in Dreadlands for 1k pp and advertise porting in ooc.

So many opportunities....

Cen 11-24-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exard3k (Post 3217412)
Once the Kunark group spells get more common among people, you can team up with some lvl 7 in EC and ask for buffs. You should get an Enchanter or Shaman to apply group buffs. lowbie then invites you and enc/shaman is bound in EC.

You can't bind others in EC, only self.

On a side note, I think it woulda been a cool no classic thing to allow tunnel binds for anyone since it's such a hot spot in our current era :)

Jimjam 11-24-2020 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuggie (Post 3217349)
Sounds like a good way to get banned.

Jimjam got unconsensually bound on blue, losing the best bind in the game (Misty Thicket newbie yard), and the only result of any complaint I made was an eye roll.

In my bitterness, as far as I'm concerned, it's an endorsed form of PVP!

Jibartik 11-24-2020 03:19 PM

The last person to get banned on the last day of velious on Green99 wins the server.

Fammaden 11-24-2020 03:25 PM

I asked some dial wiz who was in his 50's, like 51 or higher, at hammer hill for a TL to bind one time and he grouped me up and bound me right on HH. Had no idea that would even work on a melee but I guess either that still counts as the outpost or the outpost makes all of OT a melee bind location.

Was pretty annoying but at least I wasn't like a raid toon with an expensive ToV/WW bind or someone with a PoM bind. I now do not trust random ass wizards to ask for a TL unless I know you can't bind in the zone.