Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   New player playing as evil (/forums/showthread.php?t=410005)

BANNED FROM SERVER 11-04-2022 02:35 PM

New player playing as evil

Hiya friends, I am a new player wondering if starting as evil is wrong.
I've played a Barbarian Shaman up to level five and that is it, but was thinking an evil race (Ogre) might be a fun challenge.
Will I be hurting my experience overall since it is my first time playing, as well as having no knowledge of the game?

Toxigen 11-04-2022 03:08 PM

name checks out

magnetaress 11-04-2022 03:10 PM

Evil is good. Good is evil. It's all subjective. I imagine troll-ogre society as the free est. And DE society is the most comfortable.

Jibartik 11-04-2022 11:06 PM

You're a f#$kn bad ass OP you can play wahtever you want.

Videri 11-05-2022 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANNED FROM SERVER (Post 3529122)
Will I be hurting my experience overall since it is my first time playing, as well as having no knowledge of the game?

No, tons of people play that way. Some people even find that being "already evil" saves them from the moral dilemma of whether to kill certain beings or races. You don't like me because I'm evil? Fine, I can kill you and your whole village.

Plus, just like an Ogre shaman isn't welcome in Felwithe or Rivervale or other good cities, a Barbarian shaman isn't welcome in Oggok, Grobb, or Neriak. Norrath's cities are about 2/3 good, 1/3 evil. Every character misses out on something.

And if you feel like you're missing out on sampling the goodie-goodie newbie areas, you can always make a level 1 of whatever race and take a look around, or even level an alt through an area that catches your fancy.

BANNED FROM SERVER 11-05-2022 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3529306)
you can always make a level 1 of whatever race and take a look around, or even level an alt through an area that catches your fancy.

This was the main thing I was worried about, was missing content. Going Ogre then, thanks everyone!

magnetaress 11-05-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Videri (Post 3529306)
No, tons of people play that way. Some people even find that being "already evil" saves them from the moral dilemma of whether to kill certain beings or races. You don't like me because I'm evil? Fine, I can kill you and your whole village.

Plus, just like an Ogre shaman isn't welcome in Felwithe or Rivervale or other good cities, a Barbarian shaman isn't welcome in Oggok, Grobb, or Neriak. Norrath's cities are about 2/3 good, 1/3 evil. Every character misses out on something.

And if you feel like you're missing out on sampling the goodie-goodie newbie areas, you can always make a level 1 of whatever race and take a look around, or even level an alt through an area that catches your fancy.

no one 3rd is neutral and u can go to them with a little work like hobbitland and gnomeregan

Snaggles 11-06-2022 08:08 AM

You aren’t missing content, just seeing another side of it. By like level 15-25 or so it all normalizes. You might vendor or bank in different spots but even by Oasis groups are a mix of good and evil races.

eqravenprince 11-07-2022 01:15 PM

I think playing a good aligned character is more challenging.

magnetaress 11-07-2022 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 3529860)
I think playing a good aligned character is more challenging.

Yep agreed 👍