Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Green release making anyone else depressed? (/forums/showthread.php?t=338147)

Octopath 10-26-2019 09:21 PM

Green release making anyone else depressed?

The sheer lack of playtime I have had and will have due to work etc makes me quite depressed. I really wish I could be part of the rush but I have come to the realization that I will never be able to.

Anyone else dealing with this? How do you cope

WaffleztheAndal 10-26-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octopath (Post 3002419)
The sheer lack of playtime I have had and will have due to work etc makes me quite depressed. I really wish I could be part of the rush but I have come to the realization that I will never be able to.

Anyone else dealing with this? How do you cope

Well, it's just a game. And if you have things like a family, good job, life etc, those are far better obviously. Be grateful for them.

Tecmos Deception 10-26-2019 09:30 PM

It'll still be busy everywhere next week and next month, even if there aren't 250 level 1-5s in gfay.

Khikik 10-26-2019 09:31 PM

Remember EQ is a long haul marathon, not a 100yd dash. Play when you can and enjoy when you can. Plenty of time to catch up

Launch make ppl think in a racing mentality. And sure there is stuff some ppl want to race for but every one can play EQ and enjoy EQ how they choose

Madbad 10-26-2019 09:57 PM

some of the newb yards are unplayable so dont feel too bad

branamil 10-26-2019 10:10 PM

I cope by realizing that killing 4-bit sewer rats for 600 hours won't benefit my life

Octopath 10-26-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khikik (Post 3002428)
Remember EQ is a long haul marathon, not a 100yd dash. Play when you can and enjoy when you can. Plenty of time to catch up

Launch make ppl think in a racing mentality. And sure there is stuff some ppl want to race for but every one can play EQ and enjoy EQ how they choose

Very true, I try to remind myself of that and I typically play that way. I think the main issue is my want for a guise and knowing that there is a deadline.

WaffleztheAndal 10-26-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by branamil (Post 3002450)
I cope by realizing that killing 4-bit sewer rats for 600 hours won't benefit my life

QFT.

Dilemne 10-26-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khikik (Post 3002428)

This would be true if the rules applied on green. But KS is the main rules with those racer... they come in group, and use the fast respawn (something design because too much people) for pl themselve (ks everyone that try to keep a creep from an entire zone (like the pit in everfrost). So being 3k+ on green is just good for them. And those stupid people like me who try to not hit a mob that someone else tagged are just victim.. i dont want to be victim, and i dont want to be an ass.. there is no other way to play on green. Sadly

loramin 10-26-2019 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by branamil (Post 3002450)

Of course not: everyone knows the path to Nirvana is paved with 600 hours of gnoll killing!