Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Vid of unsupervised bot (/forums/showthread.php?t=359216)

cycl01d 05-18-2020 02:59 AM

Vid of unsupervised bot

I decided to do a quest for RP and exploration instead of XP and plat on my new wizard. I needed to talk to Tindo Frugrin to try to get a lens for Tobon Starpyre in Ak'Anon but Tindo was locked down by a player's bot. For 45 mins, I politely asked the player to let me talk to Tindo but they never responded and every time Tindo spawned the bot sent its pet through the door to attack. I even died from Tindo's AOE when I tried to talk to him and asked the player if they were botting but they never responded. I logged out for 8 hrs or so and then logged back in and they were still there. When Tindo spawned, I tried to talk to him but the bot sent its pet through the door again. A few minutes after that, they finally sent me a tell and said they were distracted by their nephew.

I lost my original tell windows because my client crashed when I installed Fraps. I recorded the last 3 kills though for anyone who cares to take a look. The kills are at 1:20, 8:20, and 15:20. If you watch the video you'll see the player never moves, always performs the same sequence of commands with the same timing, and doesn't respond to my tell (even though they had recently contributed to my death and I've never met them before).

https://www.metacafe.com/watch/12073...botter-audena/

Vsynk 05-19-2020 01:06 AM

So because someone doesn't talk to you or move they must be a bot. I am not going to lie, that is a bad way of looking at something. I am going to play the devil's advocate.

A lot of us semi AFK camp stuff. I have, and do sit sometimes for up to 8 hours in one spot while killing a mob. And by sit in one spot, I mean not moving beyond what the mob pushes me. I set a timer, when it goes off I kill it sit down to med and afk again until the timer goes off again.

Now do I think that people could possibly be using a bot program on this server?
Anything is possible, but calling out a person and posting a video, that you can only make an assumption of botting on the public forums is kind of cheesy. They have the petition / exploit forum where you can report stuff without ruining someones name.

Also, I am not the person in the video. Since I am assuming someone will most likely say that lol.

Albane 05-19-2020 01:17 AM

Considering how easy it was in 1996 to bot commands. I really doubt they could stop it from happening in 2020.

This is obviously a bot and I hope they get removed and have to make up a new email address to bot again. /s

branamil 05-19-2020 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vsynk (Post 3131547)
So because someone doesn't talk to you or move they must be a bot. I am not going to lie, that is a bad way of looking at something. I am going to play the devil's advocate.

A lot of us semi AFK camp stuff. I have, and do sit sometimes for up to 8 hours in one spot while killing a mob. And by sit in one spot, I mean not moving beyond what the mob pushes me. I set a timer, when it goes off I kill it sit down to med and afk again until the timer goes off again.

Now do I think that people could possibly be using a bot program on this server?
Anything is possible, but calling out a person and posting a video, that you can only make an assumption of botting on the public forums is kind of cheesy. They have the petition / exploit forum where you can report stuff without ruining someones name.

Also, I am not the person in the video. Since I am assuming someone will most likely say that lol.

Oh please. No one doesn't move for 8 hours. It's obviously scripted

Vsynk 05-19-2020 01:43 AM

I have sit for 8 hours in one spot, now does that happen all the time no. However It does happen, when I am grinding safe and steady xp.

As mentioned though, I cannot vouch for the person in the video. I didn't even watch the video, as the description the person provided sounded similar to what I do.

I do not script anything, I just come back kill and afk again. I do use the same pattern of spells and such each time. I would hate to think due to I use the same rotation each time and don't move that people would think I was botting.

I do respond to tells, though sometimes delayed as they send them as I am afk between spawns.

annali 05-19-2020 02:25 AM

That is clearly a bot. The same sequence. Sends pet and attacks the same second the npc spawns, chain nukes (even nukes the corpse) pauses 30 odd seconds pet buffs then sits. Repeat.

Hopefully will be banned soon.

portses 05-19-2020 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annali (Post 3131560)
That is clearly a bot. The same sequence. Sends pet and attacks the same second the npc spawns, chain nukes (even nukes the corpse) pauses 30 odd seconds pet buffs then sits. Repeat.

This reminds me of every mage I've every grouped with.:D:D:D

Trexller 05-19-2020 05:08 AM

This is absolutely a botter.

Mob spawns
Pet attacks
Nukes Twice (2nd nuke always nukes the corpse, a live player would realize this and stop doing it)
Pause for pet haste timer
Pet hasted
Player sits until next spawn
rinses and repeats.

Ban this player immediately, this is exactly what P99 IS NOT about.

Cen 05-19-2020 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vsynk (Post 3131556)
I have sit for 8 hours in one spot, now does that happen all the time no. However It does happen, when I am grinding safe and steady xp.

As mentioned though, I cannot vouch for the person in the video. I didn't even watch the video, as the description the person provided sounded similar to what I do.

I do not script anything, I just come back kill and afk again. I do use the same pattern of spells and such each time. I would hate to think due to I use the same rotation each time and don't move that people would think I was botting.

I do respond to tells, though sometimes delayed as they send them as I am afk between spawns.

In this case you should watch the video then rewrite your post. This one is funny

drackgon 05-19-2020 08:32 AM

Vsynk 14 post.. Guy is special. Someone gives real evidence and its like nope not having it....."this isnt me, but i do same thing", soo you clearly use a script for 8+ hours doing the exactly same timing(watch video look at timer, clearly its a 30 sec pause macro being used for haste buff)

OP Good job. Its kind of funny wasn't long ago guy caught someone at SF mills doing same thing was a post. (guy made a toon with like same npc toon name, and the bot kept nuking him instead lmao) But Kudos for recording it, hope GMs bring the Ban hammer down.