Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Issue with strange screen-only freeze, but the game continues. (/forums/showthread.php?t=359131)

Menolithoro 05-16-2020 11:43 PM

Issue with strange screen-only freeze, but the game continues.

I keep having this issue where the game screen freezes, however the mouse still works, I can still hear the game, and I can still type /q in the game, the screens is just frozen. It has happened in front of Felwithe probably 10 times, in neriak once and EC once.

So to me it seems maybe location based, but it does not always happen.

Things I've tried:

New GPU drivers, reinstall of Titanium, using Duxa app to remove all the expansion files that are unnecessary, trying to find something similar on the forums but I found nothing like this.

I'm not sure what else to try. Maybe someone else has had this issue and resolved it.

Thanks.

Lynch 05-17-2020 02:29 PM

I've had the same issue with a recent install about < 3 weeks ago. It's mostly happened in Overthere, specifically looking south in the outpost, and just happened in neriak foreign entrance. Thought it had something to do with the new computer/new install. Fiddled with CPU affinity, no joy.

Thinking of trying to just grab my eq folder from my old computer.

Dithien 05-18-2020 09:59 AM

Are you using an Nvidia GPU? I’ve had this problems for months on both my laptop and PC running Nvidia graphics. Laptop stopped having problems when I switched to onboard graphics.

Jamesstone714 05-18-2020 10:08 AM

Have the same issue, randomly. Can sometimes occur if some outside application is opened or starts to run, other times not so sure.

whydothis 05-18-2020 10:17 AM

sounds like maybe it's from UAC prompt.
Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts. Drag the slider on the left of the User Account Control window from the default setting down to the second lowest, which says “Notify my only when apps try to make changes to my desktop (do not dim my desktop).”

Lynch 05-18-2020 10:18 AM

Oh jez yeah i switched from an amd to an nvidia card =(

Running driver version 445.87 on a GTX 1660 super

Lynch 05-18-2020 10:20 AM

Nah it's not from UAC I would hear a "dingaling" plus these are specific locations/view directions it's happening on. I fixed the UAC issue by setting it one tick lower so it doesn't dim the screen and cause a display change state.

merzcleric 05-18-2020 09:07 PM

same issue, on red server this is cancer.

branamil 05-18-2020 09:20 PM

Happens to me if I leave the pc for a while. I do not have any power save / sleep settings on

Mirox 05-20-2020 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menolithoro (Post 3130709)
I keep having this issue where the game screen freezes, however the mouse still works, I can still hear the game, and I can still type /q in the game, the screens is just frozen. It has happened in front of Felwithe probably 10 times, in neriak once and EC once.

So to me it seems maybe location based, but it does not always happen.

Things I've tried:

New GPU drivers, reinstall of Titanium, using Duxa app to remove all the expansion files that are unnecessary, trying to find something similar on the forums but I found nothing like this.

I'm not sure what else to try. Maybe someone else has had this issue and resolved it.

Thanks.

Toggle your full screen. alt + enter, alt + enter. Should fix the issue.