Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Mage Pets doing 50% damage in PVP. (/forums/showthread.php?t=52195)

mimixownzall 10-21-2011 07:18 AM

Mage Pets doing 50% damage in PVP.

Decided to attack a partner sitting down with my pet to see how much dmg he did to see if I could get an idea what level he is.

The pet was hitting for 26 against a clothie sitting who was sitting. When the pet attacked a mob it was hitting for 52 max. Another mage in the group was getting the same results: pet hit for 27 on the chanter and 54 on the mob.

Here is a screenshot of a shaman pet in PvP sometime after Kunark release:

http://www.notacult.com/images/ranadead.jpg

The highest level 49 shaman pet hits for 47. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt that his pet is the max pet. This pet is hitting for more than 50% of its max. I know that this is his 49 shaman pet. The following screenshot is from the next swamp defense episode. Notice his UI and his level which is 51. The next shaman pet isn't until 55.

http://www.notacult.com/images/kinekdead.jpg

I know that pet PVP pet damage was slightly nerfed. Here is patch notes from Sept 28, 1999:

- Pet damage inflicted during PvP combat has been slightly reduced.

This nerf was clearly before the first screenshot as depicted by him trading kunark ranger arms for shaman arms.

http://www.notacult.com/images/goodtrade.jpg

Lazortag 10-21-2011 10:44 AM

That's a pretty good find, I believe you but I'm not sure you've proven that the screenshot was taken post-patch. Wasn't that "updated UI" in from the beginning (ie you just had to press F10)?

vinaden 10-21-2011 11:49 AM

i dont think it was actually i sold my toon as soon as velious came out and came back awhile later to the new ui

vinaden 10-21-2011 11:49 AM

doubt that statement is to helpful tho

Melveny 10-21-2011 12:05 PM

That last ui is original and classic by pushing f10, velious ui provided 8hot buttons, not 6. I am fairly certain of this as I was very excited for more first page buttons, I hated having to change pages.

Softcore PK 10-21-2011 01:08 PM

That pet would be at least the 49 one, there was a post sharing a shaman pvp guide by Blart and he said he stopped leveling at 50-something. Could have been 55.

mimixownzall 10-21-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazortag (Post 439820)
That's a pretty good find, I believe you but I'm not sure you've proven that the screenshot was taken post-patch. Wasn't that "updated UI" in from the beginning (ie you just had to press F10)?

It was early in Kunark. If you look at the last screenshot, he is trading ranger arms for shaman gloves. I just noticed this and will fix my original post.

rivalxl 10-23-2011 05:22 AM

I played a magician from classic to gates of discord on Rallos Zek. Pet damage was nerfed down to atleast 60% of its normal damage in because pets were "too powerful". Sadly this also made the mage laughable in pvp afterwords because their nukes take too long to cast. The biggest issues were the fact that pets could solo players with relative ease before the patch but after the patch they were completely ignorable, especially with any form of magic resist.

On a side note I am happy that mage pets no longer stop to cast their spells like they used to right now, this was a huge pain when your pet was chasing someone who was running the same speed but your pet would constantly fall behind because the pet would constantly stop to cast.

Oh, and i am not playing a mage during this beta, nor do i plan on playing a mage. Mages are awesome when people do not have resists but once people gear up they will be pathetic in pvp as per the norm.

mimixownzall 10-24-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rivalxl (Post 441925)
I played a magician from classic to gates of discord on Rallos Zek. Pet damage was nerfed down to atleast 60% of its normal damage in because pets were "too powerful". Sadly this also made the mage laughable in pvp afterwords because their nukes take too long to cast. The biggest issues were the fact that pets could solo players with relative ease before the patch but after the patch they were completely ignorable, especially with any form of magic resist.

On a side note I am happy that mage pets no longer stop to cast their spells like they used to right now, this was a huge pain when your pet was chasing someone who was running the same speed but your pet would constantly fall behind because the pet would constantly stop to cast.

Oh, and i am not playing a mage during this beta, nor do i plan on playing a mage. Mages are awesome when people do not have resists but once people gear up they will be pathetic in pvp as per the norm.

That screenshot proves you wrong. That pet is hitting for 37 against a ranger that has pretty good gear. That is not a 40% reduction.

The nerf says 'slightly'. I do not think 40% reduction is slightly. 10-15% is slightly.

If you have proof to dispute what I have proven then do it. Just blabbing shit you 'remember' without proof (especially when I have already proven your 'memory' wrong) is wasting time. Don't spread bad info.

rivalxl 10-24-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mimixownzall (Post 443449)
That screenshot proves you wrong. That pet is hitting for 37 against a ranger that has pretty good gear. That is not a 40% reduction.

The nerf says 'slightly'. I do not think 40% reduction is slightly. 10-15% is slightly.

If you have proof to dispute what I have proven then do it. Just blabbing shit you 'remember' without proof (especially when I have already proven your 'memory' wrong) is wasting time. Don't spread bad info.

If you do the math we are both wrong. The pet in your provided screen shots has a 22% reduction of its normal damage not 10-15%. Maybe you should do the math on your own argument and not waste time with bad information.