Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Why do y'all like the Red Server? (/forums/showthread.php?t=412368)

long.liam 12-18-2022 09:42 PM

Why do y'all like the Red Server?

I kind of curious why anyone likes the Red Server. The server would suggest that it's not very popular, but there are some very vocal proponents here in the forums. I suspect some of these people no longer actually play and are only forum trolls at this point, but still I find it quite interesting. PVP is not my thing. I don't like getting ganked/griefed by high level ultra geared players with nothing better to do, but bully people off of their server. Just curious what you people find, so enticing about it? I would rather cooperate with people and form bonds together taking down high level NPCs. It's a lot more fun to me than ganking or getting ganked by other people. Posting a poll, but feel free to post a open answer.

kgallowaypa 12-18-2022 11:26 PM

all of the vocal proponents you see are forum trollers that have not moved on for over 10 years

magnetaress 12-20-2022 10:45 AM

It wasn't on the poll butt i also like to help other players so that pks get griefed off the server.

I also like flying plains butt i have a lot of anxiety near large cities.

magnetaress 12-20-2022 11:06 AM

The first 3 ppl to honestly asses themselves, I give u props.

Jimjam 12-20-2022 11:26 AM

Better banter, better sportsmanship.

Being able to stand up for others.

Mutual protection.

Jimjam 12-20-2022 11:26 AM

More memorable characters and impactful reputations.

Jibartik 12-20-2022 01:09 PM

Id say take why you like EQ over wow, and red is like that to EQ to me.

It just makes so many insane parts of this game more viable and necessary to succeed.

on item loot no drop becomes a stat

all the resists are just so much more important, thats like 5 new stats to play from 1-60

strange weapons that are of no value on blue are of huge valule on red

and all of that, community is like way more important because gang violence.

https://i.imgur.com/eAsPeXB.gif

Jibartik 12-20-2022 01:10 PM

Bags of gems to pay other players for home made potions.

this is high fantasy.

Lampolo 12-20-2022 01:53 PM

Ya but when you win on red it just means you were willing to come back and keep fighting longer than the loser. The best red player probably has a strategy to not leave the pc for months. If you kill him he just come back for more and wont you succeed. At least this is my xp on red

Jibartik 12-20-2022 02:07 PM

yeah, id love to see how teams played out on p99 to see if that really is a solution people always bring it up as one.